07-26-2014 03:58 PM
1,060 1234 ...
tools
    This page need to be sticky too. I like to know whats being added and fix on the backend. How else well we know things are being added or fix, it wont be in the action center, lol
    Joe920 likes this.
    04-20-2014 12:28 PM
    Here Drive is NOT a Microsoft application. It is a Nokia app and even through we are taking over phone/devices from Nokia, the Here apps are not coming with it. As for the built in maps, there is a lot of integrations there already, but there will be a lot more in the future (they will come in the form of Map app update, Cortana back end and maybe even an app update to Cortana).
    What I think would be really useful would be the ability to command Cortana to navigate to an Outlook Contact's work or home address.
    edoug and anon(7937399) like this.
    04-21-2014 06:58 AM
    What I think would be really useful would be the ability to command Cortana to navigate to an Outlook Contact's work or home address.
    Hmmm...you're right...but I have to believe that is coming as "phone" is one of the parsing options when you use Cortana to search. Just must not be set up yet.
    04-21-2014 07:13 AM
    Any word on if Cortana will support setting your preferred method of transportation (walking, cycling, transit, driving)? The "Time to Leave" alerts for calendar events only work for driving times, but asking Cortana how long it will take to get somewhere by transit gives accurate results.

Time to Leave alerts appear to only trigger for your set "home" and "work" locations. Any other saved locations don't trigger this reminder.

Also, some searches can be "pinned" to Cortana, like searching for the "Weather in New York" gives you the option to "show weather updates for this city". When you do this, that item remains in Cortana. Is it intended in the future to have the same option for other queries like the results for "How long will it take to walk home from here", and having the pinned item stay in Cortanas list, updating each time you open it with your current location.
    boshkop and Chris_Kez like this.
    04-21-2014 09:53 AM
    This...this is a good thread
    04-21-2014 02:59 PM
    Hey Talderon! First off, thanks for this thread!

Is it currently/will it be possible to do location based commands? I usually call/text my wife on the way home from work. I'd love it if Cortana would initiate (with my permission) a text/call with my wife when I leave work. Here's how I envision it working:

I've got Cortana set up with my work/home etc. and she knows who my wife is. I've told her: Please call my wife when I leave work after 5pm (in case I need to go somewhere during the day and don't need to call at that time, but I almost always call or text my wife on the way home from work; this would be even better if I could set this to repeat Monday-Friday). With that all done, I leave work and get to my car. Once there, Cortana pops up and says, "I see you've left work, would you like me to call your wife?"

That right there, would be absolutely tremendous. I don't know if that is currently possible, or if it's something you are working on, but I would love to see this implemented in the near future.

Quick additional question: How long does it take Cortana to learn places? I was too impatient and set them manually.

My sincere thanks!
    F3rzz and WesleyBPeres like this.
    04-21-2014 03:42 PM
    Hey Talderon! First off, thanks for this thread!

Is it currently/will it be possible to do location based commands? I usually call/text my wife on the way home from work. I'd love it if Cortana would initiate (with my permission) a text/call with my wife when I leave work. Here's how I envision it working:

I've got Cortana set up with my work/home etc. and she knows who my wife is. I've told her: Please call my wife when I leave work after 5pm (in case I need to go somewhere during the day and don't need to call at that time, but I almost always call or text my wife on the way home from work; this would be even better if I could set this to repeat Monday-Friday). With that all done, I leave work and get to my car. Once there, Cortana pops up and says, "I see you've left work, would you like me to call your wife?"

That right there, would be absolutely tremendous. I don't know if that is currently possible, or if it's something you are working on, but I would love to see this implemented in the near future.

Quick additional question: How long does it take Cortana to learn places? I was too impatient and set them manually.

My sincere thanks!

Taderon created another thread that might fit wha you're asking better than this one. I can send the link since I'm using an app but search for it. It's called Cortana Natural Language... Create a scenario where she fails to understand what you intend for it to do. It will be submitted to developers.
    04-21-2014 05:28 PM
    Love the idea of this thread, though I can't imagine anyone could provide updates as frequently as this crew would like ;)
    I do wonder if there are plans to have Cortana speak more, even for web searches/results (e.g. If I ask for a currency conversion, or a math problem, don't just *show*the result, actually *speak* it).
    04-21-2014 05:54 PM
    Thanks, Talderon. Your information is much appreciated!
    04-21-2014 07:31 PM
    Sir, is it safe for you to mention these progress from Microsoft? Or we'll just hope that these things are coming out soon? Thanks..
    The information that I am giving here is what I am allowed to post. I have some specific dates, but until ship dates are released to partners and so forth, I have to hold off on those. However, things are coming quickly and soon. We have regular deployments going on all the time so things may turn on in the back end without a lot of flare, but I will get that to you all as soon as I am able. :D

Best effort is all I can do at this time. I hope I will be allowed to post dates soon. :D
    04-21-2014 09:02 PM
    Bump This! Need to be sticky! I like to know whats going on in the back end. I'm just a nerd like that.
    04-22-2014 01:38 PM
    Talderon, when do you think you can tell us more about Jen Taylor's voice recording?
    04-22-2014 03:25 PM
    Thanks for this thread Talderon :) I was actually also going to ask if Cortana could use Here maps, but Guytronic covered my question.. I just find that Here maps are far more accurate when trying to locate me, but if you say there will be updates to make the integrated maps (Cortana) better; I shall patiently await them.. :)
    04-22-2014 04:09 PM
    So nice that you're doing this!

Can you shed any light on when Cortana is coming to, for instance, the UK?
    04-22-2014 04:37 PM
    So nice that you're doing this!

Can you shed any light on when Cortana is coming to, for instance, the UK?
    The official news was that it would be early 2015; announced during build :)
    04-22-2014 04:43 PM
    thanks talderon!. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰
    hopefully there will be an option for bing search results to be Optional. sometimes cortana will just search the web instead of answering.. She should be comanded be "search for" ..

wishful thinker here.. I know its one of her ability but I want her own answer. haha. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    This! Sometimes I'm giving commands or asking for chit chat and she's Binging. Search for is a good cue or look up
    04-22-2014 04:46 PM
    This! Sometimes I'm giving commands or asking for chit chat and she's Binging. Search for is a good cue or look up
    I think that has more to do with the fact that Cortana is still on version 1.0 and the capability to provide more voice responses has not been added or even turned on while Microsoft eases into the launch.
    04-23-2014 11:38 AM
    thanks talderon!. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜‰
    hopefully there will be an option for bing search results to be Optional. sometimes cortana will just search the web instead of answering.. She should be comanded be "search for" ..

wishful thinker here.. I know its one of her ability but I want her own answer. haha. ๐Ÿ˜‰
    i think the bing search should always be there at the bottom with any query, but still give her own answer most times possible.
    jharr100 likes this.
    04-23-2014 09:02 PM
    Any word on if Cortana will support setting your preferred method of transportation (walking, cycling, transit, driving)? The "Time to Leave" alerts for calendar events only work for driving times, but asking Cortana how long it will take to get somewhere by transit gives accurate results.

Time to Leave alerts appear to only trigger for your set "home" and "work" locations. Any other saved locations don't trigger this reminder.

Also, some searches can be "pinned" to Cortana, like searching for the "Weather in New York" gives you the option to "show weather updates for this city". When you do this, that item remains in Cortana. Is it intended in the future to have the same option for other queries like the results for "How long will it take to walk home from here", and having the pinned item stay in Cortanas list, updating each time you open it with your current location.
    I like this idea. Only a commuter would appreciate this.
    boshkop likes this.
    04-23-2014 10:15 PM
    In response to an earlier post regarding cortana's official arrival in the UK, I read yesterday that its going to be in the second half of 2014, although I must say I'm impressed with how cortana is holding up with UK based searches already. At least 95% of my voice searches are accurate. She can find grocery stores, gyms, schools, restaurants......the lot. Where she does struggle is with more UK based general info. Example, ask her who the president of the usa is and she'll say its Barack Obama. Ask her who the prime minister of great Britain is and you'll be directed to a website.

I'm really hoping for very close integration between cortana and the here maps / here drive platforms. Like the vast majority of UK and European lumia users, I've invested a lot of time creating favourite places in here maps. I've also spent a lot of time updating here maps and providing reviews and photos of bars, restaurants and many other places of interest on the here maps platform. It would be a great shame if that volume of information wasn't accessible to cortana when I'm looking for directions.
    04-24-2014 03:33 AM
    can't interact with front mic to cortana , everytimes I speak to her she just throw me back at homescreen, even other recording like whatsapp audio msgs eg. is also not working, tried every possible solutions, but failed.it only worked through text interaction or headphones. very frustrated. definitely it's bug of cortana.

so is there any news ,when the mic bug will be resolved? mostly 925 having this issue.
    04-24-2014 04:10 AM
    good work guys & yes please mod make this a sticky
    04-24-2014 04:11 AM
    Example, ask her who the president of the usa is and she'll say its Barack Obama. Ask her who the prime minister of great Britain is and you'll be directed to a website.
    My experience is different, I asked "Who is the President of the United States" and she returned a web search result. I asked "who is the president of the philippines" and she replied by voice.

04-24-2014 04:17 AM
    I just woke up recently to get ready to work, when suddenly I hear a notification from my phone. When I go check is Cortana telling me that with the current traffic conditions I should start leaving in approx 10 mins if I want to make it to work on time since it will take 23 mins to get there. This is first time this happens and I am amazed. There is no place to add at what time I work just my work location. But she is able to learn this. I LIKE IT!!!
    Jcmg62 and Donny James like this.
    04-24-2014 04:24 AM
    I'm loving this stuff as well!
    04-24-2014 04:53 AM
1,060 1234 ...