The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-26-2014 03:58 PM
1,060 ... 2526272829 ...
tools
    Have you also put the addresses in Places under her notebook? How about default Cortana integrated navigation app you use? Here Drive? Insert also your commute info into Here (edit: and run it once at least) and is Cortana enabled to run in the background? Just for exchanging info's sake. Cheers!
    Edit2: Try adding entries ahead (like you said "early doors") to give her time. Tasks that will happen more than once should also be addressed to calendar?
    Its not an issue that I am concerned about persay, Cortana will easily determine traffic and routes to a single regular point but some of us are nomads, it would have been nice or perhaps useful to add entries via calender and have Cortana advise accordingly
    06-20-2014 07:24 AM
    Its not an issue that I am concerned about persay, Cortana will easily determine traffic and routes to a single regular point but some of us are nomads, it would have been nice or perhaps useful to add entries via calender and have Cortana advise accordingly
    I see. But I think she already does this. Read my edits on last post.
    06-20-2014 07:32 AM
    I have the weather icon, the line between the cards and Cortana says my name. Still don't know what the "quiz" is, though.
    AFAIK "quiz" are some questions from Cortana, to help her to know more about you and your interests. I think you'll get this "quiz" if you're a new Cortana user.
    mary beth hale likes this.
    06-20-2014 07:35 AM

I uninstall Finances, open Cortana Notebook, close. Install Finances, open it. Open Cortana, and menage watchlist. And now is full updated.
    But, like always, just show the weather at 9am
    Sent from my RM-885_eu_france_266 using Tapatalk
    06-20-2014 07:46 AM
    AFAIK "quiz" are some questions from Cortana, to help her to know more about you and your interests. I think you'll get this "quiz" if you're a new Cortana user.
    Oh yes. I did a quiz when I first set Cortana up. Thanks!
    06-20-2014 08:08 AM
    azcruz ... The only way I would ever see any live tiles on this phone is if you turned off transparency.

(in reply to his screen shots)
    Kram Sacul and azcruz like this.
    06-20-2014 08:41 AM
    I have the weather icon, the line between the cards and Cortana says my name. Still don't know what the "quiz" is, though.
    Please refer to my screenshots a few posts back. It's not a quiz but, a survey to add a new Interest.
    jimjam1970 likes this.
    06-20-2014 10:06 AM
    TADEVINNEY~ No. I am looking into it now. Some have stating that installing the Bing Finance app (or uninstall/re-install) picks up the latest update with the bells and whistles. Give that a go. I'll report back with anything new.
    Talderon, that is how I ended up getting part of the update. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Bing Finance to no avail. The only thing visually that appears to be missing is the Cortana Live Weather icon and the additional Quiz questions. I am available for additional testing if needed.
    06-20-2014 11:57 AM
    Is it a requirement to have Bing Weather installed?
    06-20-2014 02:15 PM
    Is it a requirement to have Bing Weather installed?
    Looks like that need all bing apps. But, Bing Weather don't interact with Cortana yet.
    06-20-2014 02:29 PM
    I have this weird glitch with Cortana on the latest update. The only information that is displayed on the live tile is apples stock, even after I deleted it from my watch list. Any idea what is going on?
    06-20-2014 02:41 PM
    I just turned off Cortana and turned her back on, and there isn't even a live tile
    06-20-2014 02:57 PM
    I assume you have the Bing Weather app installed?
    Yes.
    06-20-2014 02:57 PM
    I have this weird glitch with Cortana on the latest update. The only information that is displayed on the live tile is apples stock, even after I deleted it from my watch list. Any idea what is going on?

My experience with Cortana live tile is that it will display the latest item in its interest feed. Right now, the latest in my interest is stocks, and Cortana live tile shows NOK.
    06-20-2014 08:00 PM
    I just turned off Cortana and turned her back on, and there isn't even a live tile

Try opening up its Interest source such as Bing Weather or Bing Finance.
    06-20-2014 08:02 PM
    My experience with Cortana live tile is that it will display the latest item in its interest feed. Right now, the latest in my interest is stocks, and Cortana live tile shows NOK.
    Oh, ok so it is only the latest item that shows up on the live tile. That makes sense, but I would rather have it cycle through all the interests.
    06-20-2014 11:03 PM
    Oh, ok so it is only the latest item that shows up on the live tile. That makes sense, but I would rather have it cycle through all the interests.
    It sort of cycle the moment a new feed in the Interest comes in. Mine has shown three different items since this morning.

I do understand your point though.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk
    06-20-2014 11:23 PM
    I haven't been able to use Cortana for a couple of weeks now :( she doesn't speak or respond from commands
    06-21-2014 02:39 AM
    I wish the Cortana "cards" were individually dimissable like the cards on Google Now. Maybe more visual separation as well.
    Anudeep Reddy likes this.
    06-21-2014 02:54 AM
    I wish the Cortana "cards" were individually dimissable like the cards on Google Now. Maybe more visual separation as well.
    That'd be cool!! And more efficient than the stories connecting you to the net (browser) everytime you click on them
    Last edited by Anudeep Reddy; 06-21-2014 at 04:29 AM.
    06-21-2014 03:28 AM
    Looking at all your posts I think I'll use this quote from Bill Gates, with a Cortana twist of course.

"This must be why we aren't releasing Cortana in the UK and China yet"
    mary beth hale likes this.
    06-21-2014 05:03 AM
    Looking at all your posts I think I'll use this quote from Bill Gates, with a Cortana twist of course.

"This must be why we aren't releasing Cortana in the UK and China yet"
    Nice paraphrase ;) Good old Windows 98....
    neo158 likes this.
    06-21-2014 05:08 AM
    Soon is getting a little long winded now..
    06-21-2014 08:26 AM
    Soon is getting a little long winded now..
    Don't I know it. :(

The dates are set, they really are soon, and I honestly think they are sooner than people may think.

Yes, I too hate that statement in it's entirety. Unfortunately, no permission to release more. :(

I just hope people will believe me in that when the teams are working on releasing Cortana to a new market, it literally takes THOUSANDS of hours in man power from many levels from Dev's, Engineers and more to make it possible. Teams spread across the globe are all working on it day and night. It is no easy feat to bring a market on line with full features.

Teams are working to bring markets online as quickly as possible. Yeah, it sucks for those users in markets that are not released yet, but we're working on it as hard as we can.

Thanks! :D
    06-21-2014 08:51 AM
    Thank you for the dedication, Talderon. May the force be with you.
    06-21-2014 08:54 AM
1,060 ... 2526272829 ...