07-26-2014 03:58 PM
1,060 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Soon
    Good, you remembered that Microsoft trademarked "Soon"
    David P2 and Moiz Mian like this.
    06-27-2014 02:18 PM
    Hi ! Sorry if it doesn't relate to cortana... But is there a chance where Data toggle will be coming to the Action Centre any time soon ?
    He only has access to Cortana related info.
    Yes and No. I am PRIMARILY in the Cortana side of the house since I work for Bing. I HAVE access to WP news and updates, but not as deep as someone working on/close to the team. I pass on whatever bits of info I can, but yeah, mostly related to Cortana.

Would like to see a way to set up reminders that skip the weekends - I use Cortana to remember my Work Badge and only need it to remind me during the week.
    I use Calendar reminders for stuff like that.
    06-27-2014 02:57 PM
    Yes and No. I am PRIMARILY in the Cortana side of the house since I work for Bing. I HAVE access to WP news and updates, but not as deep as someone working on/close to the team. I pass on whatever bits of info I can, but yeah, mostly related to Cortana.

I use Calendar reminders for stuff like that.
    about the UK release
    you keep saying soon, how soon is soon, because you've been saying soon since about 1 month ago.
    lol
    06-27-2014 03:33 PM
    okay I will try that, thanks really do like Cortana
    06-27-2014 03:41 PM
    I know it's coming soon, but, soon is not going to be too much longer.

I hope that helps!

Officially... :P
    Yup........that cleared it up nicely. I've read between the lines and it would indicate that the UK launch is....soon :-)
    Soonβ„’
    about the UK release
    you keep saying soon, how soon is soon, because you've been saying soon since about 1 month ago.
    lol
    And once again, forum conversations remind one of Spaceballs...

06-27-2014 05:46 PM
    I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes!
    06-27-2014 06:30 PM
    06-27-2014 08:57 PM
    Now I'm not looking forward to Cortanas official release, why !! Because I already know what its like. The preview we been using is kinda like opening a Christmas present before Christmas, now I got nothing to look forward too on release.... Damn
    ven07 likes this.
    06-28-2014 02:54 AM
    Now I'm not looking forward to Cortanas official release, why !! Because I already know what its like. The preview we been using is kinda like opening a Christmas present before Christmas, now I got nothing to look forward too on release.... Damn
    I guess we might see more people talking to Cortana instead of creepy "Ok, Google, google me a google after I google..."
    ven07 likes this.
    06-28-2014 03:06 AM
    Theory is that when WP 8.1 goes General Availability (released), Cortana will no longer in Beta (this can change, so do not take it as fact). My understanding of the roadmap shows that Cortana will ONLY work when regions are released. I have not heard anything around here about making generally available to all in Alpha or Beta.

Please keep in mind though, I don't hear everything, but if it was going to release as large as this, I should have heard something because this impacts my team.

So, in short, I confirm nor deny nothing, but explain what I have. :P

Thanks!
    Thanks for ur reply...day by day more oem phones are released in India...will wait for good Ms support..india is going to see boost in market...πŸ‘πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
    06-28-2014 03:30 AM
    Is this an oddity to Cortana or is this an 8.1 dp occurrence

Pin Cortana to start screen, move it to top of start page
    Change settings back to Uk, Cortana is removed or more accurately disabled and unavailable
    Change settings back to US Cortana becomes available, pin to start again, the action triggers the phone to go to where Cortana should be, bottom of start screen but in fact its not there, it is back at the top ??
    Is that a bug or design ?
    06-28-2014 04:03 AM
    Is this an oddity to Cortana or is this an 8.1 dp occurrence

Pin Cortana to start screen, move it to top of start page
    Change settings back to Uk, Cortana is removed or more accurately disabled and unavailable
    Change settings back to US Cortana becomes available, pin to start again, the action triggers the phone to go to where Cortana should be, bottom of start screen but in fact its not there, it is back at the top ??
    Is that a bug or design ?
    Yes, I've noticed that Cortana somehow "remembers" where it's tile was pinned to the start screen also.

Still interested in this "quiz" I keep hearing about... Haven't been able to invoke it though. Any ideas?
    ven07 likes this.
    06-28-2014 07:30 AM
    Talderon, Cortana isn't working very well for me with voice commands, seems to have a problem with my British accent and I live in the U.S., does it only recognize accents from the region the phone is set to, or has a harder time doing so? Will it be better once the service goes live in the UK and has those accents in the database? Thanks.
    ven07 and mary beth hale like this.
    06-28-2014 07:52 AM
    Is this where we supposed to leave feedback? If so, I'd like to have smaller font on Cortana Medium Tile. It seems that only 1/3 (or half if lucky) of the story title or traffic info is shown on a medium tile so I don't really get the point of glance-able information on this because the font is gigantic! Even bigger than what Data Sense live tile is showing. With Bing News live tile, even though the font is small it's still readable. Other than that, I've seen the tile bring up weather updates recently, so good work!
    06-28-2014 08:07 AM
    I got this!

wp_ss_20140628_0001.png
    James8561, Ploydd and ven07 like this.
    06-28-2014 08:35 AM
    +ativ s
    06-28-2014 09:18 AM
    I'm still new here, so I'm not sure if this was asked before but in my 720 I don't seem to get a landscape notification or action center. Is this a limitation or is it something that's still not released?
    06-28-2014 11:10 AM
    06-28-2014 11:36 AM
    Cortana is a very interesting development, and can only be good for Windows Phone, but the only time I want to be speaking to my phone, is when there is another person on the end of the line.......
    06-28-2014 12:38 PM
    Cortana is a very interesting development, and can only be good for Windows Phone, but the only time I want to be speaking to my phone, is when there is another person on the end of the line.......
    You can type requests into the box at the bottom if you don't want to speak to your phone
    06-28-2014 12:54 PM
    You can type requests into the box at the bottom if you don't want to speak to your phone
    And you will get equally silent replies.
    ven07 likes this.
    06-28-2014 12:58 PM
    Is this where we supposed to leave feedback? If so, I'd like to have smaller font on Cortana Medium Tile. It seems that only 1/3 (or half if lucky) of the story title or traffic info is shown on a medium tile so I don't really get the point of glance-able information on this because the font is gigantic! Even bigger than what Data Sense live tile is showing. With Bing News live tile, even though the font is small it's still readable. Other than that, I've seen the tile bring up weather updates recently, so good work!
    You can go to cortana.uservoice.com to sound off, give feedback and suggest new features too!!
    smoledman and ven07 like this.
    06-28-2014 09:29 PM
    1) I'd like the ability to activate Cortana by just performing a long-press of the search button instead of tap search and tap mic icons.
    2) I'd like interactive notifications
    ​3) Cortana on all MS platforms NOW.
    ven07 likes this.
    06-29-2014 09:18 PM
    1) I'd like the ability to activate Cortana by just performing a long-press of the search button instead of tap search and tap mic icons.
    Um thats how it works now.
    mikeycl, hopmedic, SpaceyO and 6 others like this.
    06-29-2014 09:29 PM
    My Cortana hasn't been able to connect on and off for a week. Soft reset isn't fixing it.
    Painkillerhu likes this.
    06-30-2014 12:28 PM
1,060 ... 2930313233 ...