07-26-2014 03:58 PM
1,060 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    Just a thought: it could open a treasure trove of cool responses if users could ask Cortana how she's doing. It could be like a verbal analog of the Google doodle, if the Cortana team keeps a running list of relevant status responses.

She could say things like
    - Exhausted, I've been fielding tons of questions on football this week, or
    - I feel like I'm getting smarter (after system updates), or
    - I'm feeling kind of sluggish today (in case of outages, slowdowns?), or
    - Today, I learned to speak French (as regions are added), or
    - Festive, today is my 1st birthday! (on anniversaries), or
    - Cheerful. Today is the day Bill Gates was born!

The possibilities are endless, and it would make the experience even more personal, and it could be a nice way to introduce new capabilities or events to users.

Edit: added a UserVoice post in the chit-chat section.
    06-30-2014 12:36 PM
    Minor chit chat thing.... So I was driving someone else's car (long story) and I asked Cortana a simple question....and I got a bing search from it....I didn't want to pull my eyes from the road...

"What time is it ?" or even "what is today's date ?"

Both of these BASIC questions came back with a bing search.... Anyone agree this should be addressed ?

Yea, I know it's everywhere on the phone but, in cases like driving where I don't want to look at my phone, it should be able to answer this question.
    ven07 and hirokbanik like this.
    07-02-2014 04:44 PM
    I haven't driven a car without a clock on the dash, but that is a different point.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk
    gernerttl likes this.
    07-02-2014 07:31 PM
    I haven't driven a car without a clock on the dash, but that is a different point.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk
    Yea, my car has a few clocks and I agree but, again, it was not my car...

But, I do think Cortana should be able to do basic things like that..
    ven07 likes this.
    07-02-2014 09:56 PM
    Cortana went back to sounding computer generated for me today vs more natural,
    07-02-2014 10:17 PM
    Yea, my car has a few clocks and I agree but, again, it was not my car...

But, I do think Cortana should be able to do basic things like that..
    Yes it makes sense and nice to have.
    07-02-2014 10:40 PM
    Cortana will become smarter only when it interacts with you almost in a natural pattern other than giving pre defined responses. Otherwise how can we call it as a great innovative personal assistant. She doesn't even call you by name (basic thing).

We have to wait for a good time to get such an experience from smartphones
    ven07 and murderman like this.
    07-02-2014 10:56 PM
    Cortana will become smarter only when it interacts with you almost in a natural pattern other than giving pre defined responses. Otherwise how can we call it as a great innovative personal assistant. She doesn't even call you by name (basic thing).

We have to wait for a good time to get such an experience from smartphones
    She does call you by name...just ask her your name and she will reply you
    ven07 likes this.
    07-02-2014 11:12 PM
    My main point was the smartness of the assistant. Calling your name ain't a great thing
    07-02-2014 11:14 PM
    Also she doesn't take any of the voice commands. Other than open facebook, twitter etc commands.
    07-02-2014 11:16 PM
    it would be nice if she not look for net connection for doing things like Play Music etc things
    hirokbanik likes this.
    07-02-2014 11:26 PM
    Also she doesn't take any of the voice commands. Other than open facebook, twitter etc commands.
    U serious?
    Lol u haven't used her properly
    ven07 likes this.
    07-02-2014 11:37 PM
    My main point was the smartness of the assistant. Calling your name ain't a great thing
    U know its only the 21st century now?
    07-02-2014 11:43 PM
    Anyone else notice Cortana's "personality" is broken today? No Jen Taylor voice for anything I've tried.
    ven07 likes this.
    07-02-2014 11:52 PM
    Anyone else notice Cortana's "personality" is broken today? No Jen Taylor voice for anything I've tried.
    There's a separate thread about it here, it seems to be a server side thing.
    ven07 likes this.
    07-02-2014 11:58 PM
    1/ I'm just commenting to get on this thread n also to thank u for ur time n effort but 2/ to c if maybe u could give me a rough idea how far u are away from pushing Cortana out in Aussie???
    07-03-2014 07:12 AM
    Talderon,,

WP 8.1 is going to release in ten plus days according to ms India twitter...i want to use cortana after update...if u can give the approximate % of work done for India i could decide whether i should change the region and use cortana or wait one or two month max for cortana India...can u reply sorry for again disturbing u😞
    07-03-2014 08:41 AM
    it would be nice if she not look for net connection for doing things like Play Music etc things

It has offline commands, I posted some of them.
    07-03-2014 09:59 AM
    There are a lot of forum users from India who have been using Cortana. They could give you a good idea of how well it is working for them right now, and keep in mind that there are frequent server side improvements coming on line.
    ven07 likes this.
    07-03-2014 10:00 AM
    Talderon,,

WP 8.1 is going to release in ten plus days according to ms India twitter...i want to use cortana after update...if u can give the approximate % of work done for India i could decide whether i should change the region and use cortana or wait one or two month max for cortana India...can u reply sorry for again disturbing u
    1/ I'm just commenting to get on this thread n also to thank u for ur time n effort but 2/ to c if maybe u could give me a rough idea how far u are away from pushing Cortana out in Aussie???
    Guys, I have stated this a lot. Until they release dates and timeline information to the press, I really can't say anything. I know what's coming soon and what I am allowed to announce, but all in all, I can't give you % of what is done in a market and what timeframe regions are at. I can say what I say and if I have more information, I will be sure to share! :)
    lum5, Victoroos, ven07 and 1 others like this.
    07-03-2014 11:23 AM
    Did anyone notice that Cortana sounded like robotic today morning? But now she sounds more human than she did yesterday......another update on the server side Talderon?
    07-03-2014 11:23 AM
    Wow. Weather icon on Cortana live tile started working today. Well that is cute.. Hope I get to see something other than a bright sun all the time here in Arizona.
    07-03-2014 11:51 AM
    For the first time I was asked if a map location was where I work, sadly it is incorrect due to my ever changing work locations but it was nice to see non the less
    ven07 likes this.
    07-03-2014 11:57 AM
    Guys, I have stated this a lot. Until they release dates and timeline information to the press, I really can't say anything. I know what's coming soon and what I am allowed to announce, but all in all, I can't give you % of what is done in a market and what timeframe regions are at. I can say what I say and if I have more information, I will be sure to share! :)
    oops sorry for asking...now will wait patiently for ur information....👍
    07-03-2014 11:58 AM
    Figured out tonight, to get Cortana to understand me better I have to speak in an American accent.. Works a treat but the wife says I'm a f*****g ***** !! Woman will never understand the desperate need to get technology to work.. No matter what !

Anyway, the answer was Germany and I replaced 'game' with 'match'
    ven07 likes this.
    07-03-2014 01:46 PM
1,060 ... 3031323334 ...