07-26-2014 04:58 PM
1,060 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    Because... how would I know when the plane is scheduled to land? I'm not that good at telling how far away I am from 30,000 feet up. The pilot only updates you when they are basically ready to land.
    What kind of major airline today does not provide real-time flight status? Maybe the budget ones? I always use this feature when flying Singapore Airlines, even the transfer info, baggage claim info and other stuff are available.
    07-16-2014 10:24 PM
    This is also what I have done but I've noticed that not all apps respect the 'Regional Format' setting, for example the default Calendar app still has the dates in US m/d/y format when creating a new appointment.

Really?? Mine is all metric, I use Aussie so maybe that will help. I wish Microsoft would just release it so we didn't have to play these games ๐Ÿ˜ž
    07-16-2014 10:27 PM
    To Talderon: With the announcement from Nadella, how do you think this will help accelerate Cortana for the future?

For those of you who didn't read it:
    Microsoft's Nadella promotes internal sharing of project code by employees | Windows Phone Central
    Potentially, this would mean that Cortana would have better/tighter integration with other parts of Microsoft.

โ€‹Do you see this as a help or hindrance? Thanks.
    Ok, here is the deal with Cortana and other parts of Microsoft.

Keep in mind that this is in NO WAY official at all.

What powers Cortana?

Bing

What is integrated into the OS, Office Apps (desktop and Office Online), SharePoint, {list other server apps}, Xbox (360 and especially One) among others?

Bing

You see where I am going right?

Bing, which is the brains and the driving technology behind Cortana is already there. It's already a part of almost everything Microsoft does. Why is it such a leap for people to see that Cortana WILL COME to the OS line and the Console Line? Trust me on this, Threshold is already in the works and guess what? Oh, wait, not allowed to tell that part... damn...

Cortana was not intended to be a flagship product, but it is shaping out to be something a lot bigger and with the potential she has and the growth she is showing, she'll becoming a household name not only from Halo games, but in the very fabric of Microsoft. The new direction Microsoft is going with their Online Services, Shared Infrastructure and Code Sharing, tell me she's not going to be playing a pivotal part of our Microsoft lives?

Look, as I stated before, Cortana is going to be everywhere and will be global. Microsoft is working VERY HARD to get her released to everyone. It is going to take time and more work than anyone not working on it could ever imagine.

Cortana wiped out the Bing landscape and re-drew it in a new, better way. Change takes time and people need to give Microsoft time. Will the wait be worth it? Me, personally, I have seen a glimpse of the future that is to come and I am more excited about what Microsoft is going to bring in the next year or two and beyond that I have EVER been before and think that people who are writing off Microsoft and their vision and direction is going to be eating a HUGE helping of crow in the near future.

Laugh, disbelieve and doubt all you want. Microsoft is not playing catch-up anymore. Microsoft is raising the bar and breaking records by leaps and bounds and there is no sign of stopping.

Yes, I am a VERY proud employee, but I have been this way about the potential of the technology Microsoft has been working on way before I was ever an employee.

Fanboy? I have been called worse by better people (not saying people here are not good people, just a saying to make a point), but you know what? I really could care less. I am as passionate about other companies as I am with Microsoft, but this is where I get to just geek out and play.

Holy hell... sorry all, this kinda ran out of control. Okay, it really ran out of control. Slap me if you feel the need. :D

I had to wipe my phone again because of the stupid *** Wi-Fi sense issue with 8.1 (Don't know about it? Turn the damn thing off until they fix it).
    07-16-2014 10:46 PM
    @Talderon, at least you're human after all. I thought you were Cortana's bot. He he

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-17-2014 01:34 AM
    With Cortana becoming so big, when MS release a Smart Watch, they should call it the Halo. 8-)
    mikeycl likes this.
    07-17-2014 03:05 AM
    @talderon wp8.1 rollout started already 625 & 925 got it and i am,waiting for my phone when it is available i am going to use cortana like others...does it will cause any errors when official cortana to India takes place in future ?? U told its in work but sorry can't wait for official launch in India,..๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹
    Last edited by lum5; 07-17-2014 at 06:44 AM.
    07-17-2014 06:33 AM
    @Talderon, I sincerely hope you are not affected in this:
    Microsoft to cut 18,000 jobs in the next year | Windows Phone Central

If so, I wonder if we could start an internet petition to not ax your position.
    mpt15 likes this.
    07-17-2014 10:01 AM
    @Talderon, I sincerely hope you are not affected in this:
    Microsoft to cut 18,000 jobs in the next year | Windows Phone Central

If so, I wonder if we could start an internet petition to not ax your position.
    LMAO! I hope not too, but I *THINK* I am safe for the time being. :D
    thatuxguy, jleebiker and sinime like this.
    07-17-2014 10:25 AM
    Long live Cortana! Oh and Talderon :)
    07-17-2014 10:50 AM
    Talderon you are such a tease with the Threshold comment! Aaarghhh... Wish you could tell more. Especially whether this new great stuff is US only or does it include the rest of the world. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
    07-17-2014 10:57 AM
    Talderon you are such a tease with the Threshold comment! Aaarghhh... Wish you could tell more. Especially whether this new great stuff is US only or does it include the rest of the world. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
    Everything will be coming to everywhere. WHEN is the question. I am not going to say the 4 letter *oo* word, but it's coming faster than you all think.
    mpt15 likes this.
    07-17-2014 11:05 AM
    I think Threshold only means Cortana on W9.
    It's a sad day for MS, but at least they are cleaning up the X mess!
    I just wished that those 18.000 souls could help Cortana development for a month or two, that would be great!
    By the way, there's been changes to Bing outside USA. I'd love to know something more about it.
    07-17-2014 11:15 AM
    Everything will be coming to everywhere. WHEN is the question. I am not going to say the 4 letter *oo* word, but it's coming faster than you all think.
    Good to hear because I am not in the US, U.K. or China, so lets hope it's very *oo*
    ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    thanks!!!
    07-17-2014 12:07 PM
    I think Threshold only means Cortana on W9.
    It's a sad day for MS, but at least they are cleaning up the X mess!
    I just wished that those 18.000 souls could help Cortana development for a month or two, that would be great!
    By the way, there's been changes to Bing outside USA. I'd love to know something more about it.
    The changes to Bing you are seeing outside US (more features and bringing things more in line to what the US version of Bing is) are changes needed to bring Cortana to market with full functionality. :D

Good to hear because I am not in the US, U.K. or China, so lets hope it's very *oo*

thanks!!!
    Where you at?
    07-17-2014 12:37 PM
    Please let us know any information about when it is coming to India! :) Pls respond..it wud be very helpful
    Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk
    07-17-2014 12:41 PM
    Please let us know any information about when it is coming to India! :) Pls respond..it wud be very helpful
    Sent from my RM-821_im_india_443 using Tapatalk
    it's in work
    07-17-2014 12:58 PM
    @ Talderon waiting for ur reply for my post ๐Ÿ˜ž๐Ÿ˜ž
    07-17-2014 01:00 PM
    The changes to Bing you are seeing outside US (more features and bringing things more in line to what the US version of Bing is) are changes needed to bring Cortana to market with full functionality. :D
    So, now that Bing is almost ready (and in a way Bing is Cortana), what are the next steps until we have Cortana? :)
    Also do you know what devs can already do with Cortana? any link to API's? I'd like to start working on her ;)
    07-17-2014 01:01 PM

Where you at?
    India.
    07-17-2014 01:20 PM
    @talderon wp8.1 rollout started already 625 & 925 got it and i am,waiting for my phone when it is available i am going to use cortana like others...does it will cause any errors when official cortana to India takes place in future ?? U told its in work but sorry can't wait for official launch in India,..
    No, this will not cause issues. Once Cortana is officially released, you change your settings back to your normal region and it will work.

So, now that Bing is almost ready (and in a way Bing is Cortana), what are the next steps until we have Cortana? :)
    Also do you know what devs can already do with Cortana? any link to API's? I'd like to start working on her ;)
    Try these links:

Quickstart: Voice commands (Windows Phone Store apps using C#/VB/C++ and XAML) (Preliminary)

Integrating Store Apps with Cortana in Windows Phone 8.1 | Search Blog
    lum5 likes this.
    07-17-2014 01:28 PM
    No, this will not cause issues. Once Cortana is officially released, you change your settings back to your normal region and it will work.

Try these links:

Quickstart: Voice commands (Windows Phone Store apps using C#/VB/C++ and XAML) (Preliminary)

Integrating Store Apps with Cortana in Windows Phone 8.1 | Search Blog
    thanks for ur reply...๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿ’ƒ Now waiting for rollout of wp8.1 for 520...,
    07-17-2014 11:33 PM
    A question for anyone using cortana in India after changing the region and using cortana can we able to download any apps or update the apps from the store ?will it causes any problems while changing region ??
    07-17-2014 11:39 PM
    Any idear when Cortana will be available in the Netherlands? I hope *oo* ;)
    07-18-2014 04:48 AM
    A question for anyone using cortana in India after changing the region and using cortana can we able to download any apps or update the apps from the store ?will it causes any problems while changing region ??
    I'm not in India but Canada and I've changed my region to US. The only time when you will need to change your region back to India is when you buy the app first time.

If the app is free or any updates to an existing app that you already have will work with your region to US
    lum5 likes this.
    07-18-2014 07:21 AM
    I'm not in India but Canada and I've changed my region to US. The only time when you will need to change your region back to India is when you buy the app first time.

If the app is free or any updates to an existing app that you already have will work with your region to US
    thanks for ur reply...waiting for wp8.1 rollout
    TruPlaya187 likes this.
    07-18-2014 08:47 AM
1,060 ... 3637383940 ...