07-26-2014 03:58 PM
1,060 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    Hey Talderon, I saw that your not writing your blog anymore, does that mean no more posts on here too?
    07-18-2014 11:36 AM
    Cortana in UK less than 2 weeks (if no issues will happen).
    https://twitter.com/marcusash/status/490147788479401987
    07-18-2014 01:43 PM
    Cortana in UK less than 2 weeks (if no issues will happen).
    https://twitter.com/marcusash/status/490147788479401987
    I hardly can be delighted after waiting a whole month...sorry
    07-18-2014 01:50 PM
    Someday you'll wonder why nothing is being announced before it's finished...
    If you can't handle this thread, why do you come back for more?
    07-18-2014 02:15 PM
    Talderon, does there exist a list of concise/short Cortana commands that I can read somewhere?
    For example, I don't want to have to type "create an appointment for..." each time. "New event..." is the shortest that I have found, is there a shorter command list?
    07-18-2014 02:19 PM

It is happening. We're working very hard to get this out the door within 14 days and counting!!! :D

UK for sure, China may be delayed a week or so later, but we're all pushing hard to get this out the door!!!
    07-18-2014 02:38 PM
    Someday you'll wonder why nothing is being announced before it's finished...
    If you can't handle this thread, why do you come back for more?
    It would be easier for anybody, believe me. I won't be angry, the devs won't be stressed out and we would get a quality app when it is ready...
    07-18-2014 03:32 PM
    Wow! I was mentioned in a news post!! :D

Cortana hitting the UK in 'less than two weeks' with China soon thereafter | Windows Phone Central

w00t!

edit: Ok, apparently I have been mentioned several time. LOL! :D
    vitor.rf, arvinxi and TechFreak1 like this.
    07-18-2014 03:53 PM

It is happening. We're working very hard to get this out the door within 14 days and counting!!! :D

UK for sure, China may be delayed a week or so later, but we're all pushing hard to get this out the door!!!
    w00t omg metric system

Is UK Cortana still Jen Taylor? Is this still a secret? Can't wait for weather in Celsius
    07-18-2014 05:05 PM
    w00t omg metric system

Is UK Cortana still Jen Taylor? Is this still a secret? Can't wait for weather in Celsius
    Honestly, I have no idea if she is Jen Taylor to be honest with you. >.<
    07-18-2014 05:44 PM
    Omg. It has to be Jen!!!!!
    jordanzhninja likes this.
    07-18-2014 05:52 PM

after china which country India naa? 😍
    07-18-2014 08:27 PM
    Yeah it has to be Jen. Are there any other major differences between these regional settings? I'm from south Africa so I guess I sound more brittish than American, however cortana does seem to understand me quite well and the few things she didn't get she now pretty much does. I'd like the metric units and Celsius though. Just wondering if I switch regions any idea what else will be different. Will all the training that gone into my corty get lost? But yeah if she sounds like a prison warden,in the British version ill stick to murica
    07-19-2014 12:24 AM
    Talderon, does there exist a list of concise/short Cortana commands that I can read somewhere?
    For example, I don't want to have to type "create an appointment for..." each time. "New event..." is the shortest that I have found, is there a shorter command list?

Any idea if this will help with British accent recognition for us in the US? Thanks.
    07-19-2014 03:34 PM
    07-19-2014 08:00 PM
    Hi, I want to ask how does Cortana do with fight status?
    Because it showed my flight yesterday on both interest and live tile, but now even of I pinned the fight to start the time doesn't show anything.
    Thank you, sorry for poor English
    07-19-2014 08:31 PM
    Will this be things that users will add in the notebook, or will it be "learning" from users' behavior?
    07-19-2014 08:40 PM
    Will this be things that users will add in the notebook, or will it be "learning" from users' behavior?
    That's right from email pure search you can add your trip
    07-20-2014 05:41 AM
    Would be a bit pants if it wasn't... I mean why do double the work (for double the money) getting someone else in to read the same stuff. For other locales I can understand, but UK I don't think there would any need to get a different voice in purely just for the different accent.

Anyway, it just wouldn't be Cortana without Jen.
    07-20-2014 06:01 AM
    Hope they really do stick to Jen's voice....as it would seems really odd otherwise.

Also I wonder how they would optimise Cortana for a diverse country like India where we have as many languages & accents as there are states in the country.
    07-20-2014 06:15 AM
    Would be a bit pants if it wasn't... I mean why do double the work (for double the money) getting someone else in to read the same stuff. For other locales I can understand, but UK I don't think there would any need to get a different voice in purely just for the different accent.

Anyway, it just wouldn't be Cortana without Jen.
    I know what you're talking about, but there's a lot more betwen US and UK english than just the accent.
    Some words are different, there are different ways to say the same thing, plus the accent, is a whole new language.
    There's A LOT of languages like this. Portuguese from Brazil and Portugal, German from Germany and Austria, Dutch and Afrikaner, just to mention a few.

As a brazilian, I have no interest whatsoever to use anything in portuguese from Portugal.

But I agree with "no Jen no Cortana" bit. But Cortana is more a functionality than a personality.. So, the voice is not what matters most.
    07-20-2014 10:47 AM
    Talderon I just watch Her with Joaquin Phoenix. This is what Cortana has to be like in the future :)

If you haven't seen it I fully recommend that you do, really great film about AI.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/
    07-20-2014 03:03 PM
    Talderon I just watch Her with Joaquin Phoenix. This is what Cortana has to be like in the future :)

If you haven't seen it I fully recommend that you do, really great film about AI.

Her (2013) - IMDb
    Everytime I read any reference to that movie, I automatically think of Sam Sabri's hilarious comment lol.

Poll: Will you talk to Cortana in public? | Windows Phone Central
    07-20-2014 08:04 PM
    Hey Talderon...ever so slightly an off topic question...over the weekend I took the plunge and invested in an Xbox one.

As you can imagine, I've spent a HUGE part of the weekend grinning at my tv, waving my arms around and giving it loads of "Xbox select.....xbox go home....Xbox resume tv" etc, etc. As super cool as this is, it would be off the charts super cool if Cortana was the one doing the listening.

Is Cortana likely to become an Xbox feature?

Oh, and totally off Cortana topics.....what does smartglass do?? I don't geddit.....?
    07-21-2014 12:36 AM
    Is Cortana likely to become an Xbox feature?

Oh, and totally off Cortana topics.....what does smartglass do?? I don't geddit.....?
    Talderon confirmed plans (and has seen) Cortana on Xbox 1 (summarised in the first post in this thread).

SmartGlass is a companion app for Xbox 1 - as you're playing the game (or some films), you get additional contextular information on your computer/tablet/phone. For example, when I'm driving around in Forza Horizon, I can see the world map on my surface tracking my movements like a GPS. Smartglass can also be used to control your Xbox.
    Jcmg62 likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:45 AM
1,060 ... 3738394041 ...