Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Composing emails from Cortana would be a valuable addition. Hope this is coming soon.

Yeah, this is in the works, but nothing of noteworthiness to post yet. :)

I can't imagine the craziness that's happening behind the Windows right now. It must be crazy. Its like a rebirth.

heh, 16-18 hour days gets old, let me tell you. BUT, we are all passionate about making Cortana everything we all hoped for. We want her to be smart, intelligent and relevant when she comes to Xbox One and PC's/Tablets.

agmanuel

Sep 9, 2012
Visit site

heh, 16-18 hour days gets old, let me tell you. BUT, we are all passionate about making Cortana everything we all hoped for. We want her to be smart, intelligent and relevant when she comes to Xbox One and PC's/Tablets.

How about other languages?

Enviado desde mi iPad con Tapatalk

bayanii

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site

I'll be here, waiting, and ready.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Question does Cortana have the ability to read emails with UPS tracking information and display that like in Google Now?

Dude! Read the OP!! ... :devil: Just kidding, you beat me to the punch, I just updated the OP with that information a couple minutes ago. :cool:

Roman Royter

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Talderon,
Sigh... I wish I could work on the Cortana's team... There is so much I want it to do, that it's easier I implement it myself. :)

On the side note, even though you say the geofencing is hit/miss, I must say that it works reliably well in the LA area. I actually discovered a Target while I was driving in the neighborhood and Cortana poped a reminder I had set to buy something at Target as I was passing by.

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Talderon,
Is showing local movie times when asking for them something in the works?
It seems like the back end is already there (it shows movie times in Bing on Windows Phone) Cortana would just need to understand questions like "show me movie times" "what movies are playing" "when is *movie* playing near me?"

Right now they just go to web searches.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Talderon,
Is showing local movie times when asking for them something in the works?
It seems like the back end is already there (it shows movie times in Bing on Windows Phone) Cortana would just need to understand questions like "show me movie times" "what movies are playing" "when is *movie* playing near me?"

Right now they just go to web searches.

Yes, but I have nothing noteworthy to post at this time, so I have not added anything to the OP. I will add it as soon as I have something worth reporting.

Julian Diaz1

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone i'm very exiting with cortana, she eis great. I find the next bug, don't know if is just my 925 or al wp 8.1:
with my 925 locked with password, I press the search button to ask cortana to do something then she make me unlock the phone and do what I request but if I press the back button the cellphone is automatic unlocked (so is like a back door to my phone).
then is just me, or the 'keep me update about flights' isn't working?

regards from Argentina

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I haven't done anything complicated with Cortana but I can honestly say I use her daily. My favorite thing is the location based reminders. Crazy about this and it works so well. It has cut my use of post-it notes in half. Now I no longer worry about forgetting to do something when I leave/ arrive at home ,work,grocery store,etc.

ajayden

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi Talderon
Following is my suggestion about quiet hours.

I have attached a photo of current quiet hours on my phone. Its set from 11pm to 6am everyday.
he2e3a6a.png

My suggestion is to have different time frames for each day.
Example:
I might want to have quiet hours from 11pm to 6am on weekdays and 11pm to 9am on weekends.

So must have option to set for individual day of the week or by day range.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Talderon
Following is my suggestion about quiet hours.

I have attached a photo of current quiet hours on my phone. Its set from 11pm to 6am everyday.
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/26/he2e3a6a.png

My suggestion is to have different time frames for each day.
Example:
I might want to have quiet hours from 11pm to 6am on weekdays and 11pm to 9am on weekends.

So must have option to set for individual day of the week or by day range.

Posted from Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk

yep i want this too my emails woke me up at 630 on sat (my day off) the wife wasnt too happy either :(

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I would also want Cortana not to entirely depend on internet, to have its own dedicated memory (RAM) which it uses if i am offline.

c0wb0ycliche

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
This is on the roadmap, but not sure if it is just a mile up the road (next release) or a few miles up. I'll update this OP when I have news. :)

Talderon, first of all, you are awesome for responding to everyone so quickly! So thank you so much!

I have two more questions that I think you can probably answer -

If you delete your favorite places, clear Cortana local data, and clear all the personalization from Bing - and then disable Cortana on the phone, and then re-enable - does this COMPLETELY reset it?

E.g. would it start over trying to detect home/work for those for whom it hasn't triggered yet?

Or does it still retain some data even when you do this?

My second question (and possibly less answerable) is whether you can tell us if adding more customization/transparency to commuting/traffic is on the roadmap or not - e.g. manually putting commute information, enabling Cortana to always show traffic to favorite places etc. While the auto setup features are great for those who are maybe less techy, the ability to manually configure it would be really useful.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Talderon, first of all, you are awesome for responding to everyone so quickly! So thank you so much!

I have two more questions that I think you can probably answer -

If you delete your favorite places, clear Cortana local data, and clear all the personalization from Bing - and then disable Cortana on the phone, and then re-enable - does this COMPLETELY reset it?

E.g. would it start over trying to detect home/work for those for whom it hasn't triggered yet?

Or does it still retain some data even when you do this?

My second question (and possibly less answerable) is whether you can tell us if adding more customization/transparency to commuting/traffic is on the roadmap or not - e.g. manually putting commute information, enabling Cortana to always show traffic to favorite places etc. While the auto setup features are great for those who are maybe less techy, the ability to manually configure it would be really useful.

When you go through those steps to clear Cortana, then yes, she is essentially reset. Just keep in mind, that at this time, she will not re-ask you the Getting to Know You questions like she did (or should have) the first time.

As for the road map, a LOT of reprioritization has been done based on the feedback here. Some features re never thought of were added due to the feedback here as well as new functionality.

Good stuff really. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb