Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
First I heard of this so I tried it out. How does it know where your car is if you didn't mark its location? I did what you said and it showed my car 2.1 mi away. (It's actually about 100yds away.). Glad I knew better.

Well once you have park you car, open the app, then wait for it to locate you precisely, then select the option Find my car. Keep an eye on the map and check if the location is ok then save it.

I used it a couple of times in a big mall parking lot and I would say that 95% it was precise. Now let's not forget that this part of the HERE drive app is still in beta.

Maybe try it a couple of times and see the results. I will test it again today.

acrodex

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Well once you have park you car, open the app, then wait for it to locate you precisely, then select the option Find my car. Keep an eye on the map and check if the location is ok then save it.

I used it a couple of times in a big mall parking lot and I would say that 95% it was precise. Now let's not forget that this part of the HERE drive app is still in beta.

Maybe try it a couple of times and see the results. I will test it again today.

Thanks for the tip, I will try it later today. Yeah, I think it is a perfect task for a digital assistant.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to change the time that Cortana thinks I need to be at work? I'm salary, so I don't get too concerned, but there were several days of bad traffic after updating, and now she thinks I need to be at work 20 minutes after I really should be at work. :wink:

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
One thing that would be really cool, is if Cortana could set reminders or notifications on windows 8. For example, "Cortana, remind me to pay my bill next time I log in to my computer. That would be so helpful. What do you think Talderon? :D

tomcox76

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
hopefully it will be able to access 3rd party calanders such as Chronos which I have come to really like

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Crap I hope they didn't think he was leaking info....

No, he was not leaking anything. He plainly stated that he was only posting what he was allowed to post, and even went so far in one post to say not to PM him asking for more, because satisfying our curiosity is not worth his job. He's right there, you know? :wink:

jevans911

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Is there a timetable on updating the teams listed under sports interest in Cortana? I'm particularly interested in NCAA football teams. I realize that football season is still a few mo months off, but I'm curious regardless...

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Is there a timetable on updating the teams listed under sports interest in Cortana? I'm particularly interested in NCAA football teams. I realize that football season is still a few mo months off, but I'm curious regardless...

Hopefully this will be solved with GDR1, but for now there is no timetable, but it should be before summer of that I'm sure lol

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
No, he was not leaking anything. He plainly stated that he was only posting what he was allowed to post, and even went so far in one post to say not to PM him asking for more, because satisfying our curiosity is not worth his job. He's right there, you know? :wink:

Yeah I know, I saw his original post...just was poking fun that he has been quiet and I for one have been spoiled with the updates.

bitwise

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok this thread is nice and all but the glaring problem that is not being addressed here is... time line.

All the changes, all the developments dont matter if its not available. I am a software engineer myself so I do understand the concept of development life cycles but for something like this, availability is the key to getting more people using it.

Its also a question of where is it available. Right now its US only and it'll take some time before it gets releases to other countries. And for the love of god, why release it first in china when WP market share there is small. There are many other Asian countries with bigger WP adoption, why alienate those people?

Generally, I think MS sucks on this. They know they are very late in the game and yet they still take ages rolling out updates/new features. And they are too US centric.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
The question with China was already discussed somewhere and it seems that the availability strongly depends on Bing and Bing has its own department in China which provides a lot of Chinese localized stuff which is the base for Cortana.

In Europe for example specially in Austria Bing is missing a lot of features which are already available in other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven