Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacroy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm not a mod or anything, but it might make sense for you to move the actionable notifications discussion to a different thread so we are clouding up this one? Since this one is focused on cortana news?

Donny James

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I'm not a mod or anything, but it might make sense for you to move the actionable notifications discussion to a different thread so we are clouding up this one? Since this one is focused on cortana news?

[snaps finger] By golly tacroy you're right. I let my fanboyism get the best of me. It was only supposed to be just one post from me but then things got out of hand. Perhaps Talderon will forgive our transgression and visit upon us another tidbit of awesome Cortana news soon.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site

Agreed. I don't know why this suddenly turned into the "let me show off an old video of how I think WP should be" thread.

Eagerly awaiting more news from Talderon.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
A less convinient but possible way is to ask her "where am I?" and then tap the map and verify if she picked up your location correctly, and add it to your places. That way you can tell her to "Take me to my car" where 'my car' ios the nickname you assigned to the place.

PS: Google Now yesterday allowed support for remembering parking locations. :/

Here Drive will also do this. Swipe up from the bottom until you see "Find My Car." Tap on it and acknowledge the message. It will then say "Your car is at [address of location]." If you swipe up you can add and see details, share car location, or pin to start.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Really? I guess we're not all mature here.

If you think it's the greatest thing ever create a feature suggestion on uservoice or vote for it if it's already there. I'm sure you'll get a lot of support. Good luck.
Suggest a thing that's already in plans? Wow that's a genius idea, props to you

It was in WP8.1 pre-rtm build, it got removed probably because of API issues or lack of time, it will come back sooner or later
And im not mature? You're the one that says that other people doesn't need that or that, we need to have as much options it's possible, it won't hurt anybody apart from your ego

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Suggest a thing that's already in plans? Wow that's a genius idea, props to you

It was in WP8.1 pre-rtm build, it got removed probably because of API issues or lack of time, it will come back sooner or later
And im not mature? You're the one that says that other people doesn't need that or that, we need to have as much options it's possible, it won't hurt anybody apart from your ego

I guess you didn't get the memo that this isn't the thread for this. Move on or take it elsewhere, please.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
[INFO]Sports Cards

Ok, those little sections of info you see in Cortana are called cards. There is a LOT LOT LOT of work going in getting the major leagues in there so we can start working on minor/local leagues. eSports are in there too. Things will go live as the weeks go on without a ton of fanfare until we get all the kinks worked out.

Flight Tracking

A lot of work is going on here and for those and get flight info, things should be looking better, but we're still doing weekly releases to keep things moving forward.

Traffic Info

This should have already gotten better. Improvements are still coming and quickly.

Natural Voice

We are working with Jen to get a LOT more chit-chat things, so keep trying new and old questions to see if you can spot the updates. Cortana's voice will start feeling even more natural over time. A lot of work is going on to refine Cortana's speech.

Card Divider

I can't remember if this has shipped yet, but there should or will be a horizontal like appearing to separate the cards for easier viewing. I have had it for several weeks now and find it nice to have.

Cortana on Xbox One and Windows 8 PC's

Yes, it's coming, no, no ETA but I have been testing it on XB1 and it's very neat, especially when playing a Halo game. :cool:[/INFO]

I will post all of this on OP, but on a side note that is TOTALLY NOT RELATED to this. If anyone wants to join in on the fun of helping me name my new kitten, please look here. :D

http://forums.windowscentral.com/off-topic-lounge/285718-anyone-want-help-me-name-my-new-kitten.html

Thanks all!

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey Talderon, I know you might not be able to say but is cortana on xbox activated by saying cortana?
It's going to be a killer feature that'll put it head and shoulders better than the ps4 and hopefully boost windows phone sales as people will want cortana in their lives.
Oh and I voted for Ryoko for your kitty, cute name for a cute cat :excited:

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Talderon, I know you might not be able to say but is cortana on xbox activated by saying cortana?
It's going to be a killer feature that'll put it head and shoulders better than the ps4 and hopefully boost windows phone sales as people will want cortana in their lives.

Yea, good question. I wonder if it'll stay Xbox, or Cortana. I personally think they should use the same name. I hope there will be integration between the 3 platforms too. Like tell Cortana to remind me of something or jot a note down on xbox, and then me being able to see that on my phone later.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Right now, you have to say Cortana like you say Xbox for those features. Debate is still going on if Cortana will replace the Xbox activation.

Yea, good question. I wonder if it'll stay Xbox, or Cortana. I personally think they should use the same name. I hope there will be integration between the 3 platforms too. Like tell Cortana to remind me of something or jot a note down on xbox, and then me being able to see that on my phone later.

Cortana WILL be the name across all 3 platforms.

With the overwhelming POSITIVE reactions from people (gamers and non-gamers alike), the Cortana name isn't going anywhere!!

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
chill out people....

The reason why 'this suddenly turned into the "let me show off an old video of how I think WP should be" thread' is that people care about WP and are excited to be able to talk with someone who has an in with Microsoft. Sure it's off topic, but I think to some degree we should just take it in stride and not worry about it.

Last edited:

Patric.Z

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi Talderon,

Thanks you so much for your information. I am very excited about cortana coming to Xbox. Xbox voice commands at the moment are mediocre at best. I hope cortana will greatly improve it. I understand you are not allowed to share eta, but is this something we can expect soon, like within the year or it's still at early stage, and we wont get it until sometime next year?

You can ignore this question if you are not allowed to share this kind of information. Thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss