Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bozza72

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, this is a hot button item, we're working on it. :( I wish they would just put BUGS=OFF in the configuration file.

ha funnest thing ever, nice to see after 12 hours a work you can still give a good coding joke, keep up the good work :)

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi! Since I don't see any changes on my,phone right now, Talderon would it be possible to write the list of changes when you will have a chance. So then we would know what to expect 😁 thanks in advance!!!

Cage Ata

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Spoke to soon! This Is so frustrating. After days without being able to use her I finally got a response from her for about 10mins. Now she's back to where she was... Unresponsive :(

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Some of Cortana's line readings for jokes seem to be missing. She's using her robotic TellMe voice for:

"What did the zero say to the eight?"

"The barman says "We don't serve time travelers in here."

"A grasshopper walks into a bar..."

"A Roman walks into a bar..."

"A ham sandwich walks into a bar..."

"A Buddhist monk approaches a hot dog stand..."

"Don't trust the atoms. They make up everything"

"What did the passive aggressive raven say?"

Last edited:

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Some of Cortana's line readings for jokes seem to be missing. She's using her robotic TellMe voice for:

"What did the zero say to the eight? Nice belt."

"A grasshopper walks into a bar..."

"A Buddhist monk approaches a hot dog stand..."

"Don't trust the atoms. They make up everything"

"A Roman walks into a bar..."

I've noticed she's become more robotic since yesterday, too - thought I'd imagined it.

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
She is really robotic since a day.. I don't know what are they doing at MS but I hope it is for good :) They have tons of work on Cortana if they want to personalize her to every single user. Let's hope they give us more freedom when it comes to news sources, interests ranking, suggestions and how she handles stuff. Maybe an Auto and Manual option would be the best :) Just an example on freedom that we don't have currently: I don't want to see the stock price every time, but Cortana keeps telling me about it on the live tile. It might be useless to have any other weather app when u have Cortana to update you. I try to push the weather forecast updates to be #1 in my live tile, but Cortana doesn't care what I want.
One thing I am missing maybe, and believe that it would be a major advantage for MS is to push a video sharing platform through Cortana. Along with news, weather and other nice updates, it would be great to suggest new videos (in correspondence with what we watch), new songs, suggest movies or something we might not know about and all to our taste as she learns it.. Cortana: "Hey, owner, did you hear the latest song of Justin Bieber? It was just released! Wanna hear it?" Then she might suggest events on stuff you like and listen. "Hey, that singer that u heard last week is in town next month! Do you want to check it out on the website?" - For me that would be the only way she makes difference and be a great, great assistant..
Cheers :)

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I found this thread and it is outstanding...Thanks Talderon...:cool:
I received the updates today, and have all the updates that have been mentioned, however still do not have 'Quiz' feature function at the bottom of Today page...

Carrier: AT&T (US-West Coast)
Device: Nokia Lumia 920

Thanks so much for your dedicated commitment to this very neat, promising 'personal assistant'...
Hope you get some rest over the weekend...lol

DaiaX

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
You can trick that. Add new news interest, be it location, topics, or person name.
Pin said card to start screen. Et Voila!

Nicola De Ieso

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'd like to change my region from Italy to US only to try Cortana. Might I have some problems, like apps that don't work correctly or other things? Have you switched your region only to try Cortana?

anon(8763253)

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello, I'd like to change my region from Italy to US only to try Cortana. Might I have some problems, like apps that don't work correctly or other things? Have you switched your region only to try Cortana?
I changed mine from uk to us to get cortana the only problems I I cant download apps only in the UK but the ones I already have work fine so occasionally I switch back to uk to check for new apps and updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05