Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Talderon this may sound silly but is there any work planned for the aesthetics of Cortana's results/information? Google Now is very pleasing to the eye, Cortana isn't. Maybe we should be able to set a white theme just for Cortana like in the email settings.

Expansion on your idea: have the Cortana theme follow the dark/light theme setting perhaps? Since we don't get a choice on dark/light when viewing an email. Well, my 620 doesn't at least.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Expansion on your idea: have the Cortana theme follow the dark/light theme setting perhaps? Since we don't get a choice on dark/light when viewing an email. Well, my 620 doesn't at least.

We do get a choice for email, from your inbox press the 3 dots and go to settings. I'd like the exact same choice for Cortana.

fc000

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
We do get a choice for email, from your inbox press the 3 dots and go to settings. I'd like the exact same choice for Cortana.

Had no idea you could do that. It would be awesome to have the same setting for Cortana, and it'd be nice if the aesthetics were cleaned up, perhaps even using a "cards" style layout like Google Now. It's very pleasing to look at.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Talderon this may sound silly but is there any work planned for the aesthetics of Cortana's results/information? Google Now is very pleasing to the eye, Cortana isn't. Maybe we should be able to set a white theme just for Cortana like in the email settings.

I can't really say much about the UI as that is pretty far from where I am at. If I hear something that I can share, I will. :)

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Please tell if there is any news about taking phone calls on our Windows 8.1 PCs if we own a WP8.1 device- like apple did with ios8 and Mac-the continuity thing,I forgot the exact name.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Don't assume so much. I like a few things that Google has created or bought but Google Now isn't one of them. It doesn't even have a personality.

kokola95

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't have to be just like that but certainly the Cortana UI leaves a lot of room for improvement.

I agree. Windows phone UI is way far behind windows 8. Windows 8 is way more playful while windows phone is dead simple. I wish windows team would port all essential core apps from windows 8 such as email and people to windows phone so we can get better designs

mrcraggle

May 31, 2012
Visit site
The original Bing search UI is much nicer than Cortana imo. WP has typical been very one handed user friendly with a large percentage of interactive elements being on the bottom half the screen. Cortana on the other hand is this bland white screen with an animating circle in the middle that's also missing functionality (sliding from left or right to see news, movies, local deals etc). The top right icon in Cortana is also fairly unfamiliar with the metro UI when we typically expect to see ...

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
wondering if this will always be the case going forward that a Cortana Update will take weeks to hit all phones.

Most likely. At least for awhile...Basically since they don't want to have any servers crashing while pushing updates to everyone at the same time. (I'm assuming that's why they are throttling the switch). It makes sense, but I could only imagine what they'll do when the official 8.1 update starts rolling out and a whole lot more people start using Cortana. Hopefully it won't be that some users aren't waiting for a month for updates...

But hey at least we get to be the guinea pigs first. I would rather have something than nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte