Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
Most likely. At least for awhile...Basically since they don't want to have any servers crashing while pushing updates to everyone at the same time. It makes sense, but I could only imagine what they'll do when the official 8.1 update starts rolling out and a whole lot more people start using Cortana. Hopefully it won't be that some users aren't waiting for a month for updates...

But hey at least we get to be the guinea pigs first. I would rather have something than nothing at all.

With Microsoft commiting to 2 Cortana Updates per month, this could mean that by the time the first update hits some phones the 2nd is already rolling out.

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
Yes indeed.. I hope it doesn't turn out that way.

The biggest problem I see with this kind of roll out is if I eventually have Cortana on my Windows Phone, xbox and Windows 8.1 desktop/tablet, I could end up having 3 different experiences and this would not be a cohesive experience.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
Talderon, I have one suggestion to make. Would it be possible at news include also news about cars ? Like we have news about tech and science. I would love to see news about cars on one place :) .

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Dude. Preaching to the quire about the Xbox Music app. However, I have the retail bits and the internal test build. Some cool things coming soon! :D (Also to Xbox Video and Skype). [Yeah, I know, I am a tease]

As for the more functional than Goober Now and Silly? It's coming. We have SO MUCH in the pipeline and it's all being worked on. The development teams have grown a LOT since Cortana took off like a rocket. She is getting TONS of love from the mother ship. :D

XBox Music - completely non functional for me. I just don't get the reason why they didn't just pull the app from the app store completely until it was ready.

Cortana - ooh, looking forward than. Also I'd recommend a little less hubris when it comes to Google & Apple. They are higher on the "most valuable brands" list this year. Take a cue from Satya & Phil Spencer.

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Expansion on your idea: have the Cortana theme follow the dark/light theme setting perhaps? Since we don't get a choice on dark/light when viewing an email. Well, my 620 doesn't at least.

She already follows the dark and white theme of the Start screen. Try it out.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Talderon, I have one suggestion to make. Would it be possible at news include also news about cars ? Like we have news about tech and science. I would love to see news about cars on one place :) .

Sent from my B85M-HD3 using Tapatalk

Open Cortana, and search for "News about cars"

When Cortana runs the Bing search, scroll down until you see "Update me on this news topic". Tap that, and it's added to your interests :)

Anudeep Reddy

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody else noticed that the download settings in the Store have changed a bit with the new update? For instance, if a publisher doesn't allow an app to be installed on the SD Card, previously we had to manually go and change it in the Storage Sense settings. But now it asks permission only for one particular app to be installed in Phone memory, while the default settings ie., SD card destination remains unchanged in Storage Sense.

arepitt

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure this is new or old... when I asked "do you know my name" or "what is my name" it will said your name... Before this i tried to ask Cortana what is my name but it just Bing it...

Anudeep Reddy

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure this is new or old... when I asked "do you know my name" or "what is my name" it will said your name... Before this i tried to ask Cortana what is my name but it just Bing it...

It's new. Crotona's getting an update. But the roll out is very slow. Some of us, me included, have yet recieve the update.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
[INFO]Cortana for EN-GB (Great Brittan) and ZH-CN (Chinese (PRC)) will be released in the coming weeks (shooting for mid-July at the latest). Keep on the lookout![/INFO]

As for the Cortana release not reaching everyone. This will NOT be the norm for releases. This one is taking a while to roll out due to the sizable infrastructure changes that were made and some issues that were encountered in some area's for various reasons. We have had to pause the rollout a few times to make sure it's all good. Future regular rollouts (the twice a month schedule) will not be an involved.

Please have some patience while things are being worked out to ensure that everyone is getting a great experience.

p.s. Infrastructure changes/updates are for coming features which I will post on as soon as I am able. :D I promise!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss