Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
I'm kinda wondering about all this update chit chat. I haven't received a single update in terms of a store download. I was under the impression, that all updates so far have been made server side. But if that were actually the case, shouldn't every one get it at the very same time?

They are throttling the update for some users. Example: Say you are an IT guy that pushes out updates to a bunch of computers in a company...most of the time, you are going to push out updates to only a few computers at at time to alleviate bottlenecks -or other potential issues. This is what they're doing.

It may be server side, but they have to flip the switch.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm kinda wondering about all this update chit chat. I haven't received a single update in terms of a store download. I was under the impression, that all updates so far have been made server side. But if that were actually the case, shouldn't every one get it at the very same time?

It has been deployed EVERYWHERE, however, in order to be careful and maintain stability, we are not enabling it for everyone at once. It'll be out, and soon, so just have to wait.
I guess it's the case of all of the updates.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Talderon said before that yes it was server side but it was pushed slowly to other servers as well.

Now what would be nice is an official article directly from Microsoft to let the people know what is the timeframe for everybody to have the update. So far, I almost did everything to have the update except to do a hard reset.

- Changed my Region back to Canada and then again changed it to US.
- Disabled Cortana and re-enalbed her...
- Soft Reset
- Shutdown and waiting an hour turn it back on.

I was wondering about this update to roll out to everybody, will it take a couple of days, weeks or month.

Anudeep Reddy

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Talderon said before that yes it was server side but it was pushed slowly to other servers as well.

Now what would be nice is an official article directly from Microsoft to let the people know what is the timeframe for everybody to have the update. So far, I almost did everything to have the update except to do a hard reset.

- Changed my Region back to Canada and then again changed it to US.
- Disabled Cortana and re-enalbed her...
- Soft Reset
- Shutdown and waiting an hour turn it back on.

I was wondering about this update to roll out to everybody, will it take a couple of days, weeks or month.
I did all the above things too.... Except in my case I changed the region to India and back to US of A

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
No update, and late last week Cortana stopped showing traffic info. Tried all the usual, reinstalled Cortana, soft reset, nothing, except Cortana called me by name once, then went back to bing searching.

Seriously considering a hard reset...perhaps tomorrow afternoon...

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
No update, and late last week Cortana stopped showing traffic info. Tried all the usual, reinstalled Cortana, soft reset, nothing, except Cortana called me by name once, then went back to bing searching.

Seriously considering a hard reset...perhaps tomorrow afternoon...
Let us know please because I feel like its the only way now to get the update 😞

Anudeep Reddy

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
By the way check your Data Sense app and see how much Cortana's consumed.......my phone is saying that Cortana's consumed around 40MB....... That's not normal is it?

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
The update has landed.. Not sure if it was just perfect timing, but I added Bing Finance and put MSFT to follow and the update started working. Coincidence?? Lol

xconomicron

Sep 20, 2007
Visit site
The update has landed.. Not sure if it was just perfect timing, but I added Bing Finance and put MSFT to follow and the update started working. Coincidence?? Lol

interesting...lol. I did something different and went ahead and used the Nokia software Recov. to go back to 8.0....im downloading 8.1 atm. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs