Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anudeep Reddy

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
what i really want from Cortana... noise, opening Cortana and she/it speaks unprompted, i`m thinking when that finally happens i am just gona go.... "its aliiiiiive... and then do a scary type laugh

Clever look ups and tie ins are great but actually having the phone come alive and speak un prompted with an appropriate and relevant greeting will be a kin to the first time Pc`s got the ability to produce music, most of you wont remember that but in the day it was a revelation

*shakes phone*... speak damn it, speak

That'd be awesome!!

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I just received the update by doing this:

1. Uninstall Bing finance
2. Wait a couple of minutes
3. Install it back and open the app
4. Do some changes on your finance watch list
5. Cortana should shows all the watch list you set
6. After a couple of minutes I got full the update!

Here's another thing I just found out.

Finance isn't the only app that directly connected to Cortana (watch list), but sports as well! All my football teams are now shown on Cortana as well without doing something. Not sure does this apply to Travel and Food&Drinks.
Thank you so much! Installed Bing finance and got the full Cortana update within a minute... Uninstalled finance and I'm good to go.

Thanks again!
That trick worked for me as well!!!!
It worked for me too!! But no quiz(couldn't care less) and no weather on live tile.....
Did it for me, too! Thanks!

I have asked the group about this and am awaiting their response.

That's not completely true. Talderon said there are SOME handheld components. While Cortana is MOSTLY server based, there are still some handheld based components.

This is correct. Almost ALL of Cortana's updates will be coming from the cloud with very RARE updates to the app itself. Engineering at it's best!

Hey Talderon, any idea if/when Flipboard might be coming to WP?

Nope, don't work for Flipboard.

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
TALDERON~ Is it normal that some of us have the new weather icons and some don't with this new update? Also some have gotten the magic quiz and others haven't?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
TALDERON~ Is it normal that some of us have the new weather icons and some don't with this new update? Also some have gotten the magic quiz and others haven't?

TADEVINNEY~ No. I am looking into it now. Some have stating that installing the Bing Finance app (or uninstall/re-install) picks up the latest update with the bells and whistles. Give that a go. I'll report back with anything new.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
[NOTE]Someone asked of Cars were ever going to be added as an interest. I can confirm that this interest feature is coming soon! :D[/NOTE]

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I already had the updates for 4-5 days, but I uninstalled and re-installed the Bing Finance app and re-installed and now my finance tracking shows up in Cortana's list of cards. I tried the same thing with Bing Sports, and now my University teams are listed in Cortana's cards for the first time. Anything else to be gained here?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm only getting the weather icon on the live tile in the early morning, maybe until 9 AM. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that, but it's ok with me. I prefer to see the Cortana icon anyways :)

drtek

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I disabled Cortana, changed regions, and ran it like that for a few minutes. Changed it back to the US, enabled Cortana, and I got the 4 questions. Still do not have the updated live tile.

Last edited:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm only getting the weather icon on the live tile in the early morning, maybe until 9 AM. Not sure if it's supposed to be like that, but it's ok with me. I prefer to see the Cortana icon anyways :)
I would opine that is the case since it is the latest update. Only Interests with recent updates are displayed by Cortana in its live tile.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Cortana weather live tile

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140620_0004.png
    wp_ss_20140620_0004.png
    412 KB · Views: 20
  • wp_ss_20140620_0005.png
    wp_ss_20140620_0005.png
    451.5 KB · Views: 17

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Talderon,, yesterday got a chance to have hands on Lumia 630 in Nokia shop, India...surprisly it contains cortana but not working..they told that its a demo piece so no account is created that's y...is it coming pre installed in demo piece ? When we are getting cortana service here? any chance with wp8.1 update? They told for lower end devices like 520&525 it will takes next month....update file will be nearly 1gb....

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
TADEVINNEY~ No. I am looking into it now. Some have stating that installing the Bing Finance app (or uninstall/re-install) picks up the latest update with the bells and whistles. Give that a go. I'll report back with anything new.

Talderon, in my case, uninstalling/installing the finance app gave me part of the update. I have lines between the cards, but don't have the weather icon. I don't know what else I'm missing because I don't know what else there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss