Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
One thing I've notice so far with the latest version of Cortana and I'm not sure if I'm the only one but sometime when a text message comes in, I say read it and she reads it correctly then I say reply and I can see that she understood because I see the word reply but she opens a new dialog like I want to send a new text message and asking me to who I want to send it to and what message.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Talderon, in my case, uninstalling/installing the finance app gave me part of the update. I have lines between the cards, but don't have the weather icon. I don't know what else I'm missing because I don't know what else there is.

I assume you have the Bing Weather app installed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Talderon, will we be able to set our work schedule manually? Cortana is having issues learning mine, especially since where I am most of my shift is not my main building.

Slinkydink

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey Talderon, here's a cool idea for Cortana i'd love to see. It would be great if I could ask Cortana to give me a verbal summary of information, rather like in the novel "Neuromancer" by William Gibson.

"Panther Moderns" he said to the Hosaka, removing the trodes. 'Five minute precis'.

This would be so awesome if it was ever possible ? :grin:

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Here in the Uk using US settings I have weather symbols, card lines, voice readings of wiki, the quiz worked a week or so ago so pretty much all bells and whistles even leave for work advice... Which was wrong but at least it worked, I also get Cortana notifications on news items I have added, all this is great and wonderful but its kinda really dragging now waiting for Uk centric news, temperatures and the like, having the phone in a US setting affects other apps in unexpected ways which are detrimental so I really hope its not much longer

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Talderon, will we be able to set our work schedule manually? Cortana is having issues learning mine, especially since where I am most of my shift is not my main building.

I have no hope for Cortana ever getting mine right, I work in different places for different durations all round south coast Uk, even if I add my next job into the Calender she still can't help.. Though it is early doors I guess

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I have no hope for Cortana ever getting mine right, I work in different places for different durations all round south coast Uk, even if I add my next job into the Calender she still can't help.. Though it is early doors I guess

What do you expect her to do when you add a new job into the calendar?

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
What do you expect her to do when you add a new job into the calendar?
It was a test to see if Cortana would look at the Calender entries, understand an address and advise on traffic and or route, I had also added a time, Cortana does add entries to the Calender shown in various colours dependant, so a tie does exist between the 2 already

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
It was a test to see if Cortana would look at the Calender entries, understand an address and advise on traffic and or route, I had also added a time, Cortana does add entries to the Calender shown in various colours dependant, so a tie does exist between the 2 already

Have you also put the addresses in Places under her notebook? How about default Cortana integrated navigation app you use? Here Drive? Insert also your commute info into Here (edit: and run it once at least) and is Cortana enabled to run in the background? Just for exchanging info's sake. Cheers!
Edit2: Try adding entries ahead (like you said "early doors") to give her time. Tasks that will happen more than once should also be addressed to calendar?
Edit3: Stay connected! Good quality 3G or 4G signal should also be a constant maybe? I don't turn my phone off anymore. Lol. Just a guess, but a few days a go, they were updating the back end and these alerts stopped. Now they are back and working perfectly. On tuesday I did't go to work and cleared info on my calendar and she did't remind me of anything, as it was supposed to be. I like this feature a lot! So useful.

Last edited:

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Have you also put the addresses in Places under her notebook? How about default Cortana integrated navigation app you use? Here Drive? Insert also your commute info into Here (edit: and run it once at least) and is Cortana enabled to run in the background? Just for exchanging info's sake. Cheers!
Edit2: Try adding entries ahead (like you said "early doors") to give her time. Tasks that will happen more than once should also be addressed to calendar?

Its not an issue that I am concerned about persay, Cortana will easily determine traffic and routes to a single regular point but some of us are nomads, it would have been nice or perhaps useful to add entries via calender and have Cortana advise accordingly

WPit

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Its not an issue that I am concerned about persay, Cortana will easily determine traffic and routes to a single regular point but some of us are nomads, it would have been nice or perhaps useful to add entries via calender and have Cortana advise accordingly

I see. But I think she already does this. Read my edits on last post.

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
2yra2uby.png
ehybazab.png

I uninstall Finances, open Cortana Notebook, close. Install Finances, open it. Open Cortana, and menage watchlist. And now is full updated.
But, like always, just show the weather at 9am
Sent from my RM-885_eu_france_266 using Tapatalk

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
TADEVINNEY~ No. I am looking into it now. Some have stating that installing the Bing Finance app (or uninstall/re-install) picks up the latest update with the bells and whistles. Give that a go. I'll report back with anything new.

Talderon, that is how I ended up getting part of the update. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Bing Finance to no avail. The only thing visually that appears to be missing is the Cortana Live Weather icon and the additional Quiz questions. I am available for additional testing if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss