Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jam8240

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I have this weird glitch with Cortana on the latest update. The only information that is displayed on the live tile is apples stock, even after I deleted it from my watch list. Any idea what is going on?

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I have this weird glitch with Cortana on the latest update. The only information that is displayed on the live tile is apples stock, even after I deleted it from my watch list. Any idea what is going on?

My experience with Cortana live tile is that it will display the latest item in its interest feed. Right now, the latest in my interest is stocks, and Cortana live tile shows NOK.

Jam8240

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
My experience with Cortana live tile is that it will display the latest item in its interest feed. Right now, the latest in my interest is stocks, and Cortana live tile shows NOK.

Oh, ok so it is only the latest item that shows up on the live tile. That makes sense, but I would rather have it cycle through all the interests.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Oh, ok so it is only the latest item that shows up on the live tile. That makes sense, but I would rather have it cycle through all the interests.
It sort of cycle the moment a new feed in the Interest comes in. Mine has shown three different items since this morning.

I do understand your point though.

Sent from my LT25i using Tapatalk

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Looking at all your posts I think I'll use this quote from Bill Gates, with a Cortana twist of course.

"This must be why we aren't releasing Cortana in the UK and China yet"

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Soon is getting a little long winded now..

Don't I know it. :(

The dates are set, they really are soon, and I honestly think they are sooner than people may think.

Yes, I too hate that statement in it's entirety. Unfortunately, no permission to release more. :(

I just hope people will believe me in that when the teams are working on releasing Cortana to a new market, it literally takes THOUSANDS of hours in man power from many levels from Dev's, Engineers and more to make it possible. Teams spread across the globe are all working on it day and night. It is no easy feat to bring a market on line with full features.

Teams are working to bring markets online as quickly as possible. Yeah, it sucks for those users in markets that are not released yet, but we're working on it as hard as we can.

Thanks! :D

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site

The dates are set, they really are soon, and I honestly think they are sooner than people may think.

Yes, I too hate that statement in it's entirety. Unfortunately, no permission to release more. :(

I just hope people will believe me in that when the teams are working on releasing Cortana to a new market, it literally takes THOUSANDS of hours in man power from many levels from Dev's, Engineers and more to make it possible. Teams spread across the globe are all working on it day and night. It is no easy feat to bring a market on line with full features.

Teams are working to bring markets online as quickly as possible. Yeah, it sucks for those users in markets that are not released yet, but we're working on it as hard as we can.

I get the impression that people think "WTF, it's just an app so why isn't it available here" and forget that there is localisation as well as a massive amount of backend infrastructure work that has to be done in order to roll out something like Cortana.

I can wait as I understand the work that you guys are doing :wink:

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I get the impression that people think "WTF, it's just an app so why isn't it available here" and forget that there is localisation as well as a massive amount of backend infrastructure work that has to be done in order to roll out something like Cortana.

I can wait as I understand the work that you guys are doing :wink:
We don't have a choice so its a waiting game for all of us
What i am finding painful is not the wait for Cortana but the wait for the one thing all Os systems are missing, the one thing they all spend millions on trying to find before development... The next big thing, perhaps the start of a revolution, I'm not sure if Cortana is it but it has potential to be that one thing and I also believe ms think the same, if they didn't why spend soo much time and effort in, I'm impatient for the future, not just the beginning 😊

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Talderon, I'm a software engineer as well so I know what it's all about. It's just a never ending train of insanity... It never ends.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks all for the understanding. :)

I know this is not everyone, but there are people out there that just think that you can write an app, push it out and it does everything you expect it to do.

I am familiar with the Cortana infrastructure, and it's complicated, very much so. However, the Bing infrastructure that it relies on is a hundred times more complicated. You are talking about a global infrastructure that encompasses over a million servers world wide and growing.

We're working on it, we REALLY are and we'll get there. Just takes time. :D

Thanks all!

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
You are great, keep up the good work. I just have one recommendation, is it possible that for having Cortana would be necessary only to have speech and region on supported language and not system language. If it would be possible that would be great because I don't fell like using English language on my phone.

Poslano z mojega GOCLEVER z uporabo Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte