Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
@Talderon, I don't expect Cortana to understand Tagalog, we use English in the Philippines anyway. Just let us set the region to Philippines and language to US English, is all we ask.

bbobeckyj

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey Talderon how long Cortana is released to Antarctica and speaks Klingon??! Itell her to call and order me pizza but she does not talk for me only make call please fix this.
😉

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
Talderon, I never ask about it, just for Marcus, but Cortana was predicted for UK and China later in the year and it looks like this was in advance. Plans for Brazil may have been early this year? (It was predicted for the beginning of next year)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Talderon, I never ask about it, just for Marcus, but Cortana was predicted for UK and China later in the year and it looks like this was in advance. Plans for Brazil may have been early this year? (It was predicted for the beginning of next year)

Other way around, Cortana is coming to the UK and China in the next few weeks with other countries to follow.

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I really hope uk gets Cortana quickly... Thanks to htc... I can't switch region, so I can't use Cortana :(. Is it still official that she will come across the pond this month?

narv

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
@Talderon Perhaps this is not in your realm, but with what seems like a lot of "transparency" (I use that term VERY lightly) with Cortana development, and much less so for WP OS in general, is as much work being put into other new features and OS updates as is being done with Cortana?

From news and information from inside (such as yourself) it seems that MS has a ton of work going in to Cortana and we are seeing tons of updates being pushed out and polish weekly and monthly, and while some bug fix patches have been pushed out for WP8.1 dev preview, is there as large of a push for the core OS? I just want to make sure MS isn't trying to put all it's eggs in the Cortana basket (though a lovely basket it is!)

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't I know it. :(

The dates are set, they really are soon, and I honestly think they are sooner than people may think.

Matey, you and your guys are doing an awesome job and Cortana is shaping up to be a real game changer (even if Saxon primary school will forever be sex in primary school... 😊) Microsoft are going to owe a lot of their wp market share to Cortana over the next year. Thank you for the work you and the team are doing and the regular updates really are appreciated by us wp fanboys
Yes, I too hate that statement in it's entirety. Unfortunately, no permission to release more. :(

I just hope people will believe me in that when the teams are working on releasing Cortana to a new market, it literally takes THOUSANDS of hours in man power from many levels from Dev's, Engineers and more to make it possible. Teams spread across the globe are all working on it day and night. It is no easy feat to bring a market on line with full features.

Teams are working to bring markets online as quickly as possible. Yeah, it sucks for those users in markets that are not released yet, but we're working on it as hard as we can.

Thanks! :D

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Sheesh, I take a couple days off and things go NUTS! :p

@Talderon, I don't expect Cortana to understand Tagalog, we use English in the Philippines anyway. Just let us set the region to Philippines and language to US English, is all we ask.
Talderon plz let us use US English outside the US, in India for example.....

I will have to ask about this. I would imagine that you would be able to do that since Region is the primary trigger. The initial launch restricted to English US for this, but am not 100% sure it will have to carry over. If the Region is launched along with a language that is launch, it should be ok, but I will get confirmation. :)

Hey Talderon how long Cortana is released to Antarctica and speaks Klingon??! Itell her to call and order me pizza but she does not talk for me only make call please fix this.
😉

Star Date 67378.8 - Calculate that and you will have an approximate answer. I THINK we might be able to get it earlier. :)

I really hope uk gets Cortana quickly... Thanks to htc... I can't switch region, so I can't use Cortana :(. Is it still official that she will come across the pond this month?
Talderon said the deadline is mid-July.

We are still holding for no later than mid-July, but nothing is guaranteed. We are working fast, adding more people to the teams and hope to get things going ahead of time.

@Talderon Perhaps this is not in your realm, but with what seems like a lot of "transparency" (I use that term VERY lightly) with Cortana development, and much less so for WP OS in general, is as much work being put into other new features and OS updates as is being done with Cortana?

From news and information from inside (such as yourself) it seems that MS has a ton of work going in to Cortana and we are seeing tons of updates being pushed out and polish weekly and monthly, and while some bug fix patches have been pushed out for WP8.1 dev preview, is there as large of a push for the core OS? I just want to make sure MS isn't trying to put all it's eggs in the Cortana basket (though a lovely basket it is!)

Ok, the ONLY reason Cortana is getting so much press and notice is that:

1. It's REALLY FREAKING COOL
  2. I am helping spread the work and keep the media buzz going as best as I can
  3. Marketing team, they are AWESOME
  4. I work within the Cortana Circle and not the Core-OS circle so I don't get much info in that department.

There is a HUGE effort pushing behind WP 8.x and WP 9. This OS and the devices play a key role in Microsoft's core strategy, so you can't discount the "lack of news" meaning lack of work. I am on a few of the email lists internally and can assure you that work is happening. Things are rolling and testing.

Hope that helps all! :D

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
@Talderon, Region = Philippines + Language = US English, disables Cortana.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
@Talderon, Region = Philippines + Language = US English, disables Cortana.

Well yeah, it would as it is not released in the Philippines. Right now, the only officially supported region is US.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Alright then, that means it will never happen. Microsoft didn't even have Xbox Music in the Philippines.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Alright then, that means it will never happen. Microsoft didn't even have Xbox Music in the Philippines.

I wouldn't go down that road. The plan is to make Cortana available in every market we sell Windows Phone and more. It'll happen, just no telling when.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

The challenge with making services like XBOX Music available is that they're are different digital music distribution laws/rules for every region. Doing that it's a much shorter process than implementing something like Cortana... well, legally at least. It may be quite a while before there is a Tagalog speaking Cortana, but I imagine an English speaking version that is made available in The Philippines I'd something that is definitely on the roadmap.

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft doesn't sell Windows Phone in the Philippines (nor the Surface for that matter). Microsoft Mobile? (Nokia)

I do not want false hopes :D

tadevinney

Mar 12, 2008
Visit site
sorry to beat a dead horse.. Just currious if we were still missing something if the Updated Cortana still didnt have a weather icon on the live tile and if we never got the 4 Quiz questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium