Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
sorry to beat a dead horse.. Just currious if we were still missing something if the Updated Cortana still didnt have a weather icon on the live tile and if we never got the 4 Quiz questions.

1. The weather tile is showing up ONLY in the morning.
2. The 'quiz' will show up in case Cortana doesn't know enough about you, so she will ask you some stuff.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
the weather icon on mine never shows.. as for the Quiz makes sense.. I think she knows more about me then my wife at this point..

Just check next morning. You will see the tile with circle, after that - weather tile (sun, cloud, rain), after that - temperature. I'm sure it works for everyone atm.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Ummm... how dare you take a day off! You should be shackled to your computer! :)

Yeah, I'm glad I spent a few months as a Locksmith's Apprentice. Learned a few things. :p (Ok, I learned on Youtube)

You can Capture the Talderon, you will never keep him!! Muahaha.. ok, maybe except my wife. I think I am stuck there. :D

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Aww that's a pity about youtube because 'Talderon and the Locksmith's Apprentice' sounded like a film I'd watch.

You know what's REALLY funny is that this is not the trade I went to school for. I went to school and graduated with my Airframe and Power plant license. I am FAA Certified to work on airplanes and helicopters. I was a BlackHawk mechanic in the Army and just could not get off the ground then I got out (this was back in the mid 90's).

I just figured I would go into computers (as it was a hobby of mine) until I could find something in my trade. Never happened. I got to loving this and stuck with it! :D

How life throws curveballs.

Growing up, all my friends in school were working at Taco Bell and McDonalds or some other fast food joint (not that there is anything wrong with that). But to me, the amount of effort you put in and the minimal pay I got was not worth it to me. I made it 3 weeks and quit. Went to work in a lumber yard making pallets, cleaning machines, sorting wood and all kinds of other things.

damn, rambling.

Anyway, going to head out here in a few to hit the water in the Kayak! :D

Talderon in his red boat (Kayak). We did 5 miles, I was pooped (this was Sunday). Going out again today. Maybe not as far. :D
kSTVav0.jpg

Paul Nicholas

May 16, 2013
Visit site
That's funny Talderon because I'm in the Royal Air Force right now and I've seen your lovely Blackhawks up close and personal in Afghanistan. I'd love to leave and get a job with Microsoft.
I'm just finishing up a foundation degree then I'll be applying for Microsoft to take any job I can. I'm an ICT technician so I'm sure Microsoft can find a use for me.

Joe920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Bug: after device hard reset and re-sync with outlook.com, Cortana restarts the quiz on first run, even though interests are properly synced.

(I know this is not a bug thread, but at least here Talderon might see it)

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Talderon, you sound like me. I played with Apple ][+ computers in middle school, was an electronics tech at a cable TV company my senior year (85-86), then a Nuclear Power Plant Operator on a submarine in the Navy. Got out and became a paramedic, did that for ten years until I got burned out, and then got a tech support job. When they closed up the division, I welded for a couple years at Caterpillar, got an IT job in a factory, and launched two plants. Got my associate in computer programming in the meantime, got laid off, and now I work in a bank. Currently my position is a dead-end, but I've started back on my BS in CS, and I'm looking for something better. Oh, and one day I hope to make enough money that I can afford pilot lessons. :wink:

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Did a Hard reset and wipe and still no luck. What a fun way to spend a morning.. trying to remember all my passwords.. fun times.

Get a password app such as:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%3A%2F%2Fkeepersecurity.com%2F&token=MgnsEQbn
Has extensions for browsers on windows as well as a very nice WP app. Pay the $10 annual or whatever their fee for multiple device syncing and you will make your important stuff way more secure and save yourself many,many hours tying to figure out what your passwords were, or clicking on "forgot password" buttons.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I was a BlackHawk mechanic in the Army and just could not get off the ground then I got out (this was back in the mid 90's). I just figured I would go into computers (as it was a hobby of mine) until I could find something in my trade. Never happened. I got to loving this and stuck with it! :D

This is a similar story to my own... I was in a support battalion in the Army during the early 90's and worked on all of the systems in the M1's, M2's etc. so I took my basic electronics, circuit card knowledge and hobby of taking apart Packard Bell computers (that's all they sold in the PX in those days) and made an IT career out of it.

Talderon what unit(s) were you in?

I was 8th Infantry/1st Armored in Germany and then 5th Infantry/2nd Armored in the US.

A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077