Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panathas

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Would be good to actually say when it will come for other countries. I read here in Germany in forums and always when they speak about the OS they complain about cortana will come perhaps 2015 or 2016. That's a big drawback for the people who read that.
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro2_242 using Tapatalk

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Would be good to actually say when it will come for other countries. I read here in Germany in forums and always when they speak about the OS they complain about cortana will come perhaps 2015 or 2016. That's a big drawback for the people who read that.
Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro2_242 using Tapatalk

Ok, these estimates are the best we can come up with based on current workload and staffing. That's the best we got.

Now...

We are increasing the staff and adding more skillsets to help us move things along. Reason why UK and China have been pushed up from previous estimates. I cannot promise that this will be the case with ALL markets/regions, but we're doing the best we can.

This is a HUGE undertaking no matter how you look at it and takes coordination from a GLOBAL perspective. It's not just all here in Redmond.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, these estimates are the best we can come up with based on current workload and staffing. That's the best we got.

Now...

We are increasing the staff and adding more skillsets to help us move things along. Reason why UK and China have been pushed up from previous estimates. I cannot promise that this will be the case with ALL markets/regions, but we're doing the best we can.

This is a HUGE undertaking no matter how you look at it and takes coordination from a GLOBAL perspective. It's not just all here in Redmond.

Just wondering Talderon are you guys keeping the 930 back for the Cortana release? Would make perfect sense flagship plus my new best friend built into it lol

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi Talderon, I'm not sure if you know, but few days ago, after unlocking my 1520 I sometimes get "Loading..." or "Resuming..." on the Start screen (!), and the phone heating like crazy at the same time. I was guessing it might be because of Cortana, so I disabled her (my default region if Ireland). So far I everything is fine.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi Talderon, I'm not sure if you know, but few days ago, after unlocking my 1520 I sometimes get "Loading..." or "Resuming..." on the Start screen (!), and the phone heating like crazy at the same time. I was guessing it might be because of Cortana, so I disabled her (my default region if Ireland). So far I everything is fine.

That isn't Cortana. It's just a crashed app, I've had the same thing from time to time and I've not had Cortana enabled. I expect that you've self resolved it by restarting the phone after changing region.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
That isn't Cortana. It's just a crashed app, I've had the same thing from time to time and I've not had Cortana enabled. I expect that you've self resolved it by restarting the phone after changing region.

I've restarted the phone a couple of times when this issue was occurring. Probably you're right and this might happen because of a different app, but so far I don't know which one. Apparently I need to do some cleaning.

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

Now...

What do you mean with "up". As in pushed back in the time line.. Or more forward?

Scott MacMurdo1

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Not to hijack, but I've had this same problem since Day 1 of 8.1 My phone becomes unresponsive 6-7 times per day, with LOADING..... or RESUMING..... when I unlock the screen. A double-tap of the screen occasionally brings it to life (chest compressions for a 1520?), but sometimes does not. Sometimes when I hold down the back arrow to see if anything else is running, my Calendar is - even though it's been closed. X-ing out of the Calendar sometimes brings it back to life. Sometimes I can lock and then unlock the screen and it comes back. Most of the time, I have to soft reset (? Volume Down + Power). Also, camera is very hot. I just got out of a chat with Windows Phone Support, and they say to wait for a firmware update. I've read about Cortana causing the problem, so I've unpinned and restarted. So far, no problems in 3 hours. With that said, how does one know if there's a "crashed app" that's causing problems? Thanks.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
You can always try process of elimination... ie removing them all and reinstalling one by one until the problem duplicates.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Not to hijack, but I've had this same problem since Day 1 of 8.1 My phone becomes unresponsive 6-7 times per day, with LOADING..... or RESUMING..... when I unlock the screen. A double-tap of the screen occasionally brings it to life (chest compressions for a 1520?), but sometimes does not. Sometimes when I hold down the back arrow to see if anything else is running, my Calendar is - even though it's been closed. X-ing out of the Calendar sometimes brings it back to life. Sometimes I can lock and then unlock the screen and it comes back. Most of the time, I have to soft reset (? Volume Down + Power). Also, camera is very hot. I just got out of a chat with Windows Phone Support, and they say to wait for a firmware update. I've read about Cortana causing the problem, so I've unpinned and restarted. So far, no problems in 3 hours. With that said, how does one know if there's a "crashed app" that's causing problems? Thanks.

I was getting exactly the same, except the X-ing apps, since I don't use the multitasking on idle.
And I do have a 1520 as well ;)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

I was getting exactly the same, except the X-ing apps, since I don't use the multitasking on idle.
And I do have a 1520 as well ;)

Had same issue on a couple of my 1520's, including my daily driver.

Hard-Reset was no help. What I tried (and is working for me to this day) is to leave an app or 2 running all the time. When WP8.x puts an app in the background, it uses next to NO resources and power. I have not had any difference in battery life doing this.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb