Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys!

I started another post explaining how the weather icon for Cortana and other things show up. I know someone here asked about it.

I'll be posting more about Cortana as well as other things on my blog (there isn't much on it yet), so I'll do my best to keep things in Sync here.

talderon is Ms trying to bring cortana with wp8.1...alpha one? Heard some news Ms thinking of alpha release to world wide...doubt due to this OS update not started....is India getting alpha or beta one now running?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
talderon is Ms trying to bring cortana with wp8.1...alpha one? Heard some news Ms thinking of alpha release to world wide...doubt due to this OS update not started....is India getting alpha or beta one now running?

Theory is that when WP 8.1 goes General Availability (released), Cortana will no longer in Beta (this can change, so do not take it as fact). My understanding of the roadmap shows that Cortana will ONLY work when regions are released. I have not heard anything around here about making generally available to all in Alpha or Beta.

Please keep in mind though, I don't hear everything, but if it was going to release as large as this, I should have heard something because this impacts my team.

So, in short, I confirm nor deny nothing, but explain what I have. :p

Thanks!

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi Taledron, its Friday, its Friday.......woohooooo its Friday :)

Quick question, sorry if its been asked elsewhere already. So Cortana UK was teased as "soon" a few weeks back now. Any news (official or otherwise) on that?

Cheers

John

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi Taledron, its Friday, its Friday.......woohooooo its Friday :)

Quick question, sorry if its been asked elsewhere already. So Cortana UK was teased as "soon" a few weeks back now. Any news (official or otherwise) on that?

Cheers

John

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL, if there was official word, I guess you would know about it as it would be officially announced through the official channels by official people able to make official statements on the official release for the official announcement for officially launching in the UK.

That being said, I really have no more information than to officially state that I have no idea on what the date is. I know it's coming soon, but, soon is not going to be too much longer.

I hope that helps!

Officially... :p

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi ! Sorry if it doesn't relate to cortana... But is there a chance where Data toggle will be coming to the Action Centre any time soon ?

Jean Sagarese

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Would like to see a way to set up reminders that skip the weekends - I use Cortana to remember my Work Badge and only need it to remind me during the week.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLL, if there was official word, I guess you would know about it as it would be officially announced through the official channels by official people able to make official statements on the official release for the official announcement for officially launching in the UK.

That being said, I really have no more information than to officially state that I have no idea on what the date is. I know it's coming soon, but, soon is not going to be too much longer.

I hope that helps!

Yup........that cleared it up nicely. I've read between the lines and it would indicate that the UK launch is....soon :)

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi ! Sorry if it doesn't relate to cortana... But is there a chance where Data toggle will be coming to the Action Centre any time soon ?
He only has access to Cortana related info.

Yes and No. I am PRIMARILY in the Cortana side of the house since I work for Bing. I HAVE access to WP news and updates, but not as deep as someone working on/close to the team. I pass on whatever bits of info I can, but yeah, mostly related to Cortana.

Would like to see a way to set up reminders that skip the weekends - I use Cortana to remember my Work Badge and only need it to remind me during the week.

I use Calendar reminders for stuff like that.

jordanzhninja

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes and No. I am PRIMARILY in the Cortana side of the house since I work for Bing. I HAVE access to WP news and updates, but not as deep as someone working on/close to the team. I pass on whatever bits of info I can, but yeah, mostly related to Cortana.

I use Calendar reminders for stuff like that.

about the UK release
you keep saying soon, how soon is soon, because you've been saying soon since about 1 month ago.
lol

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I know it's coming soon, but, soon is not going to be too much longer.

I hope that helps!

Yup........that cleared it up nicely. I've read between the lines and it would indicate that the UK launch is....soon :)

Soon™ :wink:

about the UK release
you keep saying soon, how soon is soon, because you've been saying soon since about 1 month ago.
lol

And once again, forum conversations remind one of Spaceballs...

When Will Then Be Now? - SpaceBalls 720p - YouTube

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Now I'm not looking forward to Cortanas official release, why !! Because I already know what its like. The preview we been using is kinda like opening a Christmas present before Christmas, now I got nothing to look forward too on release.... Damn

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Now I'm not looking forward to Cortanas official release, why !! Because I already know what its like. The preview we been using is kinda like opening a Christmas present before Christmas, now I got nothing to look forward too on release.... Damn

I guess we might see more people talking to Cortana instead of creepy "Ok, Google, google me a google after I google..."

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Theory is that when WP 8.1 goes General Availability (released), Cortana will no longer in Beta (this can change, so do not take it as fact). My understanding of the roadmap shows that Cortana will ONLY work when regions are released. I have not heard anything around here about making generally available to all in Alpha or Beta.

Please keep in mind though, I don't hear everything, but if it was going to release as large as this, I should have heard something because this impacts my team.

So, in short, I confirm nor deny nothing, but explain what I have. :p

Thanks!

Thanks for ur reply...day by day more oem phones are released in India...will wait for good Ms support..india is going to see boost in market...👍💃💃💃

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa