Cortana News (Coming from the inside) (OP being updated)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lum5

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site

after china which country India naa? 😍

Andrew Elliott

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it has to be Jen. Are there any other major differences between these regional settings? I'm from south Africa so I guess I sound more brittish than American, however cortana does seem to understand me quite well and the few things she didn't get she now pretty much does. I'd like the metric units and Celsius though. Just wondering if I switch regions any idea what else will be different. Will all the training that gone into my corty get lost? But yeah if she sounds like a prison warden,in the British version ill stick to murica

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Talderon, does there exist a list of concise/short Cortana commands that I can read somewhere?
For example, I don't want to have to type "create an appointment for..." each time. "New event..." is the shortest that I have found, is there a shorter command list?

Any idea if this will help with British accent recognition for us in the US? Thanks.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I want to ask how does Cortana do with fight status?
Because it showed my flight yesterday on both interest and live tile, but now even of I pinned the fight to start the time doesn't show anything.
Thank you, sorry for poor English

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I have no idea if she is Jen Taylor to be honest with you. >.<

Would be a bit pants if it wasn't... I mean why do double the work (for double the money) getting someone else in to read the same stuff. For other locales I can understand, but UK I don't think there would any need to get a different voice in purely just for the different accent.

Anyway, it just wouldn't be Cortana without Jen.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hope they really do stick to Jen's voice....as it would seems really odd otherwise.

Also I wonder how they would optimise Cortana for a diverse country like India where we have as many languages & accents as there are states in the country.

vitor.rf

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Would be a bit pants if it wasn't... I mean why do double the work (for double the money) getting someone else in to read the same stuff. For other locales I can understand, but UK I don't think there would any need to get a different voice in purely just for the different accent.

Anyway, it just wouldn't be Cortana without Jen.

I know what you're talking about, but there's a lot more betwen US and UK english than just the accent.
Some words are different, there are different ways to say the same thing, plus the accent, is a whole new language.
There's A LOT of languages like this. Portuguese from Brazil and Portugal, German from Germany and Austria, Dutch and Afrikaner, just to mention a few.

As a brazilian, I have no interest whatsoever to use anything in portuguese from Portugal.

But I agree with "no Jen no Cortana" bit. But Cortana is more a functionality than a personality.. So, the voice is not what matters most.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey Talderon...ever so slightly an off topic question...over the weekend I took the plunge and invested in an Xbox one.

As you can imagine, I've spent a HUGE part of the weekend grinning at my tv, waving my arms around and giving it loads of "Xbox select.....xbox go home....Xbox resume tv" etc, etc. As super cool as this is, it would be off the charts super cool if Cortana was the one doing the listening.

Is Cortana likely to become an Xbox feature?

Oh, and totally off Cortana topics.....what does smartglass do?? I don't geddit.....?

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Is Cortana likely to become an Xbox feature?

Oh, and totally off Cortana topics.....what does smartglass do?? I don't geddit.....?

Talderon confirmed plans (and has seen) Cortana on Xbox 1 (summarised in the first post in this thread).

SmartGlass is a companion app for Xbox 1 - as you're playing the game (or some films), you get additional contextular information on your computer/tablet/phone. For example, when I'm driving around in Forza Horizon, I can see the world map on my surface tracking my movements like a GPS. Smartglass can also be used to control your Xbox.

arvinxi

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
What about here in the Philippines? Cortana can understand me and my friends very well. I am willing to wait, oh wait! I can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos