I am pretty much awestruck with all the reviews and feature lists of Cortana. Almost all the sites I've read about it quote it to be the "best of Siri and Google Now". Now that's some serious prowess MS finally has shown. Although the current version of Cortana is really nice, I just had one thought or must i say a desire?

what if Cortana from one device to actually communicates with the Cortana on other device? say like we send a message through Cortana to someone who is using a WP device and then the Cortana on the other device alerts the user that I've sent him a message and asks what he wants to do with it. Same way, it might also work for reminders. Say i want to remind my friend of something on a particular day, i just tell Cortana that i want her to remind my friend about a meeting, and it automatically creates a reminder in my friend's calender and syncs it with mine? (obviously with his permission).

what do you guys think about this idea? also what else can be added to this list?
    Amrykid likes this.
    04-18-2014 11:10 AM
    I think it's called text messaging. With a calendar appointment, you can add that person to the event and it will send it to them.

Now, having Cortana as the front end to do this? I doubt it will happen... HOWEVER!!! These are opportunities for independent Developers to make apps work like this using Cortana. Cortana's features WILL GROW, but they will not be all encompassing, this is why there was an API built for her.

On a personal note though, this would be pretty slick!
    jleebiker and Sanmaan Bodake like this.
    04-18-2014 11:33 AM
    I think it's called text messaging. With a calendar appointment, you can add that person to the event and it will send it to them.

Now, having Cortana as the front end to do this? I doubt it will happen... HOWEVER!!! These are opportunities for independent Developers to make apps work like this using Cortana. Cortana's features WILL GROW, but they will not be all encompassing, this is why there was an API built for her.

On a personal note though, this would be pretty slick!
    I agree.
    It would be awesome like: *Cortana rings* Hello Chief, John just sent you an appointment invitation for [title] on [date and time]. Let me remind you that you already have another appointment at that time. Reply now or remind later?
    Sanmaan Bodake likes this.
    04-18-2014 05:24 PM
    Indeed. I think somehow the whole digital assistant thing will eventually become Iron Man style. Although that's like light years ahead at the moment, but the direction is similar.
    04-21-2014 01:57 PM