Cortana background process

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
So, I disabled Cortana's background process to disable the flipping live tile which displayed the news (which was irrelevant to me as it is not of my region).
I wanted to know if disabling the background process will affect any other functionality of Cortana?

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have the background agent disabled, and the only thing I think it does aside from the news on the tile is it takes another second or two to start the app

vipin_thegame

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering about this too.
Battery sense app seems to show that Cortana uses very less battery when running in the background.

Any battery improvements for you guys after disabling?

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
So, I disabled Cortana's background process to disable the flipping live tile which displayed the news (which was irrelevant to me as it is not of my region).
I wanted to know if disabling the background process will affect any other functionality of Cortana?

Reminders, location services aren't affected?

prateekj1993

May 29, 2013
Visit site
As it turns out, the tile did not stop flipping even after disabling the background process and since it was consuming very little battery in the background, I enabled it again. But, I don't think location or reminders were affected.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos