Cortana has new lines...

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
So try "tell me a joke" - she has got new jokes updated now.
Try "You are stupid" or "You are *****" and she has more witty come backs now!

Tried these two so far but will let you guys see if you get any Easter eggs for yourselves ;)

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I guess this is good, but I'd rather they spend more time working on the synthesized voice and less time working on the gimmick pre-recorded stuff.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Can't say I really care about it being in the news, I care about how useful it is for me. Improving the synthesized voice helps that. Pre-recorded lines don't.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Bahahaha, nice. :)

I ask her to tell me a joke every now and then.

I don't like insulting her... What if she gets mad?
scare3.gif

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I guess this is good, but I'd rather they spend more time working on the synthesized voice and less time working on the gimmick pre-recorded stuff.
I'm pretty sure that are working on both.

After recording phonemes they're isn't really much Jen Taylor could do for voice synthesis. She could be used for something else, like chit chat.

Do you think that only one thing could be worked on at a time?

Last edited:

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
After recording phonemes they're isn't really much Jen Taylor could do for voice synthesis.
(...)
Do you think that only one thing could be worked on at a time?

Pretty sure that exactly that - any time she spends working on these pre-recorded lines IS time that she can't spend recording phonemes (which take a TON of time). The synthesized voice has little 'Cortana' influence. It's a slightly tweaked version of what we already had in 8.0. I do want it to sound more natural and more like the pre-recorded stuff (especially for when it's supposed to seamlessly be switching between the two like for voice dictation of texting). That requires a lot of recording that these gimmicky answers take away from.

I guess someone forgot to tell Microsoft that it's all about you.

Sure, that's EXACTLY what I said in my two posts above where I said "this is good, but I'd rather" something else. Do I really need to say in my opinion after each post? Aren't we at the point where that's a given?

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure that exactly that - any time she spends working on these pre-recorded lines IS time that she can't spend recording phonemes (which take a TON of time). The synthesized voice has little 'Cortana' influence. It's a slightly tweaked version of what we already had in 8.0. I do want it to sound more natural and more like the pre-recorded stuff (especially for when it's supposed to seamlessly be switching between the two like for voice dictation of texting). That requires a lot of recording that these gimmicky answers take away from.

Sure, that's EXACTLY what I said in my two posts above where I said "this is good, but I'd rather" something else. Do I really need to say in my opinion after each post? Aren't we at the point where that's a given?

Heh heh. Sorry. I was being "sassy."

boasist

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Cool, I wonder how this actually works. Is somebody monitoring everything that is being asked, and then responses are generated and stored for that question for the future? Is Cortana learning on her own and getting smarter without us!?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)