Cortana is not tracking my flights

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Try this to manually kick start Cortuna to add the flight. (Works sometimes depending on the actual flight if it is a standard flight route).
?Open Cortana search, something like ?SWA 660? or "WN 1263"
?Cortana will respond by displaying the flight information. Included in that will be a colored link that says something like ?Show WN 661 updates?. Click on that colored link. (If the link/flight data is not found, then the flight might be a special added flight, not a regular flight for the route it will service on your day)
?Cortana will briefly respond with ?Hang on? for a few moments while she links up.
?Now click on the Cortana Notes menu in the upper right hand corner of the Main Cortana screen.
?Go to ?Interests?.
?Down in the ?Travel? section, you will see the entry for WN Flight 661. Tap on the entry, in this case ?WN Flight 661?.
?Select on the date down in the ?Flight date? field and select the correct date of the flight for your booking.
?Save the changes

This has worked for me a few times, but sometimes one leg of the flight isn't found. Each time the flight wasn't found, it was cause the flight was added on by the airline (I don't know, maybe to relieve volume).

I have more experience with Google Now than Cortana (my WP is not my primary device), but at first GN also sometimes required trickery. Now however it's very reliable. Give Cortana time; it'll come!

Recently my sister emailed her flight itinerary. I waited for GN to bring it up, but it didn't. Eventually I figured out why: she had emailed me a screenshot. It was simply a picture of her itinerary on the webpage!

Lumiaphone525

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
Try this to manually kick start Cortuna to add the flight. (Works sometimes depending on the actual flight if it is a standard flight route).
•Open Cortana search, something like “SWA 660” or "WN 1263"
•Cortana will respond by displaying the flight information. Included in that will be a colored link that says something like “Show WN 661 updates”. Click on that colored link. (If the link/flight data is not found, then the flight might be a special added flight, not a regular flight for the route it will service on your day)
•Cortana will briefly respond with ‘Hang on’ for a few moments while she links up.
•Now click on the Cortana Notes menu in the upper right hand corner of the Main Cortana screen.
•Go to ‘Interests’.
•Down in the ‘Travel’ section, you will see the entry for WN Flight 661. Tap on the entry, in this case “WN Flight 661”.
•Select on the date down in the “Flight date” field and select the correct date of the flight for your booking.
•Save the changes

This has worked for me a few times, but sometimes one leg of the flight isn't found. Each time the flight wasn't found, it was cause the flight was added on by the airline (I don't know, maybe to relieve volume).

Works for me. Thanks for the info.

Just_Me

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
If that still doesn't work, I have found that if the current date is earlier than the flight route flight number effective date, then the flight info will not be located by Cortana or flightstats.com.

I look up the flight route on FlightMapper.Net flight search (use the airport each option w/airline). The search results table list will show all the flights with an "Effective" date. If the flight is listed but the effective date (for the route) is too far in the future then it won't show up in cortana.
In my case, every time this has happened, once the effective date became current, Cortana would then find it.

ChrisInSD

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Another dumb experience with Cortana. I fly every week, often to multiple destinations. Cortana rarely recognizes anything, even though every flight is entered the same way in the calendar.

Anyway, if this recent variation she amalgamated two trips into one.

This week I am flying SAN-CID, CID-EWR, EWR-SAN. Friday I am flying home from Newark (EWR-SAN). Next Saturday (not this coming Saturday) I am flying SAN-PHX and returning the following day (Sunday) PHX-SAN.

Out of all the above, Cortana decided I was taking a trip to Phoenix from Newark, with apparently a 5 day layover in San Diego. She offered to start tracking my "Trip to Phoenix" noting the first flight as EWR-SAN and the second flight as SAN-PHX. The rest of the flights this week are aparently of little interest to her nor is the actual return flight from PHX the day after.

I don't have time to do all those steps listed above every week. This functionality is just junk for real road warriors even though it would be pretty cool.

Martin_H

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Another dumb experience with Cortana. I fly every week, often to multiple destinations. Cortana rarely recognizes anything, even though every flight is entered the same way in the calendar.

Anyway, if this recent variation she amalgamated two trips into one.

This week I am flying SAN-CID, CID-EWR, EWR-SAN. Friday I am flying home from Newark (EWR-SAN). Next Saturday (not this coming Saturday) I am flying SAN-PHX and returning the following day (Sunday) PHX-SAN.

Out of all the above, Cortana decided I was taking a trip to Phoenix from Newark, with apparently a 5 day layover in San Diego. She offered to start tracking my "Trip to Phoenix" noting the first flight as EWR-SAN and the second flight as SAN-PHX. The rest of the flights this week are aparently of little interest to her nor is the actual return flight from PHX the day after.

I don't have time to do all those steps listed above every week. This functionality is just junk for real road warriors even though it would be pretty cool.

HAHAHA Typical Cortana, you never know what she's gonna do. :D Honestly, the whole feature is a joke. See you at Newark on Friday BTW... well unless I forget about my flight because Cortana still didn't pick it up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb