How do you change your weather from Fahrenheit to Celsius in Cortana (no voice commands) and in weather too.
    04-20-2014 10:38 PM
    I believe it depends on your regional settings
    Pratik Mehta likes this.
    04-20-2014 10:53 PM
    How do you change your weather from Fahrenheit to Celsius in Cortana (no voice commands) and in weather too.
    Directly ask her what's the temperature in Celsius
    04-20-2014 10:54 PM
    Directly ask her what's the temperature in Celsius
    Yea,but on live tile,its Fahrenheit
    04-21-2014 01:20 AM
    As far as I know, US temperature measure are based on Fahrenheit and not Celsius. If you changed your regional settings to ENglish (United States) in order to get Cortana working, you cannot get Celsius. You will need to use your voice to ask her to covert from F to C.
    Pratik Mehta likes this.
    04-21-2014 03:09 AM
    As far as I know, US temperature measure are based on Fahrenheit and not Celsius. If you changed your regional settings to ENglish (United States) in order to get Cortana working, you cannot get Celsius. You will need to use your voice to ask her to covert from F to C.

While this is true that setting your "Country/Region" to US will enable Cortana (Along with the Language settings), setting your "Regional Format" to your actual country, in my case Canada, should trigger Cortana to display Celsius instead of Fahrenheit, but it doesn't.

​What's interesting is that while this doesn't work in Cortana, it does change the temperature readouts in the Calendar for each day. My guess is that this is an oversight with Cortana, as the rest of the phone recognizes the Regional Format settings.
    04-21-2014 09:34 AM
    While this is true that setting your "Country/Region" to US will enable Cortana (Along with the Language settings), setting your "Regional Format" to your actual country, in my case Canada, should trigger Cortana to display Celsius instead of Fahrenheit, but it doesn't.

​What's interesting is that while this doesn't work in Cortana, it does change the temperature readouts in the Calendar for each day. My guess is that this is an oversight with Cortana, as the rest of the phone recognizes the Regional Format settings.
    Well that can be due to the fact as Cortana is US only right...
    04-21-2014 09:46 AM
    Well that can be due to the fact as Cortana is US only right...
    While that's true, I'd attribute it to Cortana being in beta as it doesn't recognize the phones own localization options. Even though it is US only, it stands to reason someone might still want it set to Celsius.
    04-21-2014 10:29 AM
    While that's true, I'd attribute it to Cortana being in beta as it doesn't recognize the phones own localization options. Even though it is US only, it stands to reason someone might still want it set to Celsius.
    I agree ...even I want Celsius! :/
    But gotta wait till Cortana is available in my country..
    04-21-2014 10:31 AM