Using Cortana with Bluetooth Earpiece

jsiddle2025

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Was wondering if there was a possibility to use cortana directly by initializing her with a headset.

Example: Have a bluetooth earpiece in, I walk into a dentist office and set up an appointment... Would be awesome to have the ability to tap a button on the earpiece, and talk to cortana, and have her place that appointment on my calendar, have her read it back and then verify it.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I have used the old TellMe, initiated by BT, so I would expect Cortana to work as well. I don't have my BT headset with me, as I rarely use it, or I'd give it a try.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
On all headsets I've tried, it's the same with both Tellme and Cortana. You press and hold the call button, after about 3 seconds the headset beeps to confirm it's sent the command, after another second or two you hear the voice command prompt, and then it works exactly as you describe.

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I just picked up a Samsung HM3300. All I have to do is tap the button on the earpiece and the phone brings up Cortana. After a tiny wait, I hear the Cortana sound and then I can start talking. It works perfectly.

Lumia 928 Denim (also still running Dev Preview, because I'm afraid to remove it after the Denim update)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb