05-07-2014 02:32 AM
84 ... 234
tools
    I had both my work and home in my favorites sense day one and never got any leave for work reminders so 3 days ago I deleted both and im waiting for her to ask me if this is home or work, the last week has been busy so work has been 16 hours at that location and the rest at home. All location stuff turned on except for WiFi sense.
    04-30-2014 08:10 AM
    Cortana learned where I was going and when I wanted to be there in regards to work... but after reminding me this morning, she still wanted me to take the highway - which I never do - to get there.

Would have been even cooler had she noticed the path I drive every day also. But it was still cool that she reminded me to leave today!
    04-30-2014 12:27 PM
    I dont drive to work but today Cortana is showing me estimated driving time information from my work to my home which includes traffic information. Both my home and work were set manually sometime last week so it seems Cortana is indeed learning in the background. Its alive!

04-30-2014 04:37 PM
    As mentioned above, that I pretty difficult. The most I can get it like town names. Can't narrow down :(
    I think after you get to where you actually work you can ask Cortana where you are, and then you can ask her to save the location. That way you'll use your GPS coordinates.
    anon(8555314) likes this.
    04-30-2014 08:25 PM
    Here, Reminders based on geofencing don't work. What I could do to fix that? :[
    04-30-2014 11:03 PM
    A little tip guys :) (From Ashhar Hasan) Try opening the map (Maps, not Here maps) and click on the circle at the bottom to find your location. Then hold your finger on the place where you want the location to be set. A pin should appear and then you can tap on the pin and it will show you the address and other deatils. On the bottom there will be a star. Tap on it to add the location to favourites.
    05-01-2014 02:40 PM
    If you can't see traffic on maps, then you wont get that reminder
    Hey, sorry for the delay. yes, maps and here maps show me the traffic, but theres no notifications from Cortana. I hate you Cortana!!! jajajaj, no Cortana its awesome...
    05-05-2014 07:02 PM
    Always work on mine. Pretty much when I leave/arrive home/office.
    05-05-2014 07:21 PM
    Mine only do work when I set them over the 'remind me' menu in the Cortana settings. There I put in for example 'home' or 'work' as location (any that already is in your favorites) then it works, it also shows the nickname of the favorite place in the reminder itself.

When I set a reminder by voice or with the text input field, I can see that it doesn't show the nickname of the favorite place and it then it doesn't work.
    05-07-2014 02:32 AM
84 ... 234