Cortana told me to leave for work this morning...

eruptflail

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
Hey she asked me also the "is this where you work"-question but since the place she pointed out was my school, I thought maybe I shouldn't label it as my workplace (to avoid any confusions, because in the notebook it's called "school"). Now that I see all the opportunities I kind of would like to label it as my workplace, any way to make her ask it again? xD

Cortana sucks when it comes to college students. I went home for Easter Break and she kept asking me if my home, which I already labelled in the notebook as home, is my work. Pretty soon she'll ask me if school is work, I assume.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Cortana sucks when it comes to college students. I went home for Easter Break and she kept asking me if my home, which I already labelled in the notebook as home, is my work. Pretty soon she'll ask me if school is work, I assume.

Yeah, its not perfect. Lots of kinks to go yet.

mozman68

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
If you're not keen on waiting, you could go to Cortana's Notebook (hamburger button) > Places > Tap "+" and add your workplace manually.

True, but just like it was on the iPhone, it can take 2-3 weeks for Cortana to track your typical commute before it starts "assuming" that you want to actually do that every day. What I really want to see is the integration of appointments on my calendar so it can remind me to leave my main office to drive to another site for a meeting I may have. I just need to remember to put the name of where my meetings are in my calandar location area for that meeting. I have also added my other workplace locations in my Places area in the notebook to see if just putting "mainsite" in the address bar will be enough.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Neat. I have Cortana as a doublewide on my screen and when it flipped, I got a traffic update for the trip home. I'm not leaving for another 2 hours but I got an update. This is making a decent sized impression on me...and its still beta.

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The problem with this function of Cortana is that it tells you to leave when you should already be in the car. If driving takes 30 min, it tells you 30 before to leave. Then you're already too late if you have to move your *** to the car and perhaps pack your bags and put your shoes on etc. It should tell you to leave 15min before you actually have to leave.

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I didn't expect I would be impressed by this utility. I was happy to get it but I didn't honestly care if it only told me the weather on command. I think I've been, gulp, assimilated. Bum, bum, Baaaaaaaaaaa. lol.
I felt the same way you did when I enabled cortana and have since become impressed as well that this could actually be useful for me on a daily basis. my favorite is the "geofencing", such as "remind me to...when i leave home" or "remind me to...when I get to...".

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Nope she will automatically check where you are.. it helps if you have data

I find I'm using Waze a lot. Not so much for directions but for my lame past-time of tagging cops on the road. lol. I can't spot how it knows what it knows or when it chooses to update me, but it is one smooth feature when it happens. Makes the phone feel it truly lives the moniker: "smart" phone.

F3rzz

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
she asked me if my University was "Work" i told her no. When i tried to add my university as a place, it doesn't exist :C so sad

where should i create it? on foursquare?

Thankfully the next day or something she asked me again if it was my workplace and i told her YES. and the put a nickname on the notebook ("La U" spanish and usual coloquial abreviation "The U")

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I want to know where/how to set up work hours too.
I wish I could tell you. I suspect it determines your work hours based on you setting a Work and Home location. Then all you do is go straight to work and straight home a few times..then like a blood hound it picks up the scent. But again, I'm guessing.

Rasetech

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I find I'm using Waze a lot. Not so much for directions but for my lame past-time of tagging cops on the road. lol. I can't spot how it knows what it knows or when it chooses to update me, but it is one smooth feature when it happens. Makes the phone feel it truly lives the moniker: "smart" phone.

The first time she asked me "Is this your home" I almost fell out of my bed :p That was about a day and a half after I first met her and in that moment I knew that when she steps out of beta she will be the best.. I dare to say we might even jump three steps ahead of the competition

b23h

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I saw the popup this morning telling me I should leave for work now. It showed me a map and how much time in this traffic and it estimated it would take me to get there too. I forgot all about setting that up. I'm impressed about this. Really impressed.

meh, plenty of women have told me in the morning that I've got to go....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)