Hi,
    I just went through the 8.1 preview install and see some of the new features(Calendar, Notification Center) ;however, for some reason - the Cortana feature is completely missing. I don't have an other updates left to install so I am confused as to what happened. Any ideas?
    04-23-2014 02:15 PM
    I assume you have read the thousands of threads and posts that tell you it is not available outside the US unless you change your phone region, and it is another problem?

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    SpaceyO likes this.
    04-23-2014 02:20 PM
    I am in the US and have my Region setting set to United States
    04-23-2014 03:14 PM
    Have you tried a hard reset
    04-23-2014 03:15 PM
    Make sure the the keyboard is US. Make sure the region is US.
    Make sure the region format is set as keyboard.
    And that's it. Should pop up after a restart.
    04-23-2014 03:19 PM
    make sure cortana is actually turned on first.
    go to settings, swipe right to applications, cortana, turn on.
    04-23-2014 07:50 PM
    I've confirmed that I have region setting and format set to United States and my keyboard is set to English. After a hard reset I still see no sign of Cortana in settings- Applications. My phone is a Nokia 1020.
    04-24-2014 08:37 AM
    U must change the region, keyboard & language also to US method
    04-24-2014 08:39 AM
    Region, Keyboard and Language are all US.
    04-24-2014 08:44 AM
    Ah I found the problem. I had both English US and UK under languages. I removed UK and I see Cortana after rebooting! Thanks!
    04-24-2014 08:50 AM
    My Phone wont let me delete the UK under languages even if its under the English US!!!!!! HELP!! also how do i reeboot? turn off and on!?
    07-18-2014 10:35 PM
    My Phone wont let me delete the UK under languages even if its under the English US!!!!!! HELP!! also how do i reeboot? turn off and on!?
    If you are running an HTC 8x, you are out of luck.
    07-19-2014 09:43 AM
    Cortana missing? Here's the solution.

Your Region, Language, Speech, and Keyboard need to be set to US and English.
    If you have more than one, the US/English option needs to be first in line. It SHOULD work if there is more than one region, language, speech, or keyboard option, but I had to remove everything except US/English before mine worked.
    You should be able to touch/hold and move up to get the US/English to be first in line.
    If this doesn't work, touch/hold and remove. This will not work in the UK is in the first position and the US is in the second position. It will work if the US is moved up first.

After that, reboot and Cortana app should appear in settings/apps. You'll still need to go to Cortana settings and activate.
    08-04-2014 11:38 PM
    Cortana missing? Here's the solution.

Your Region, Language, Speech, and Keyboard need to be set to US and English.
    If you have more than one, the US/English option needs to be first in line. It SHOULD work if there is more than one region, language, speech, or keyboard option, but I had to remove everything except US/English before mine worked.
    You should be able to touch/hold and move up to get the US/English to be first in line.
    If this doesn't work, touch/hold and remove. This will not work in the UK is in the first position and the US is in the second position. It will work if the US is moved up first.

After that, reboot and Cortana app should appear in settings/apps. You'll still need to go to Cortana settings and activate.
    Everything removed exept US keyboard and language. EVERYTHING set to US settings. Still no cortana!
    Jose Fernando likes this.
    08-05-2014 06:06 PM
    Same issue here. Note that I recently dowloaded the GDR1... Could it be the issue?
    08-05-2014 08:46 PM
    I have the same problem. All mentioned settings are set to US and Cortana is missing. I don't even see a Cortana item in Settings..
    Installed is WP8.1 Update 1 (developer preview).
    08-06-2014 03:05 AM
    I have the same problem. All mentioned settings are set to US and Cortana is missing. I don't even see a Cortana item in Settings..
    Installed is WP8.1 Update 1 (developer preview).
    It seems update 1 is the problem. What I mean is that if you are trying to get Cortana after the update 1 you won't get it.
    08-06-2014 05:33 PM
    I'm from Brazil, I have the same issue. After GDR1 update, I'm not able to use Cortana, with all US Settings enabled.
    Is Microsoft blocking Cortana in other regions?
    08-06-2014 09:58 PM
    I hope they don't I love Cortana! She is useful... Besides I'm a Halo fan :-P
    08-07-2014 12:08 AM
    After a hard reset cortana is back! :-) But now I have all the configs on the phone to do again...aarrgh.
    08-07-2014 02:27 AM
    Thanks ! It worked for me
    08-08-2014 04:13 AM
    THANK YOU! your solution worked like a charm. I upgraded to 8.1 yesterday and had same issue - could not find cortana in the apps. And i called ATT and was on the phone for over an hour and they could not help me either! So thank you!
    08-17-2014 12:43 PM
    Last night, i gave reset to my phone by settings>about>reset phone in wp 8.1 (Lumia 730) Now it does not shows cortana in my apps list and also i can not download apps like mix radio, clean master etc... When i try to download the apps it shows that is not available for my device. Plz suggest me what i should do... Before reset i used both of this app but now it shows it cant be download.... region (Bangladesh,English(India)) and keyboard Bangla, English (UK).. Plz suggest me !!!!!
    01-27-2015 04:52 AM
    Last night, i gave reset to my phone by settings>about>reset phone in wp 8.1 (Lumia 730) Now it does not shows cortana in my apps list and also i can not download apps like mix radio, clean master etc... When i try to download the apps it shows that is not available for my device. Plz suggest me what i should do... Before reset i used both of this app but now it shows it cant be download.... region (Bangladesh,English(India)) and keyboard Bangla, English (UK).. Plz suggest me !!!!!
    Did you give a try and change all your settings to USA (language, region, keyboard, and speech)?
    01-27-2015 05:20 AM