Other peoples calendars in Cortana?

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
OK, this is really bizarre. I did a hard reset on my phone today to see if it would improve my battery life. After going through and setting everything back up, I noticed that Cortana, on her daily brief screen, was showing me an appointment that is in my wife's Google Calendar. I did not add her account to my phone, other than adding her in as a contact. I do have a Gmail account that her calendar is shared with, but I did not enter that account into my phone. My primary Hotmail account does not sync to my Gmail account. Gmail is set to forward emails to my Hotmail, but that's it. Has anyone else witnessed anything like this?

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Google knew that you reset your phone and sent notice to Cortana to include your wife's calendar. :wink:

Seriously, though, did you have the gmail account in the phone before? If so, I wonder if that creates a link between the Microsoft account and the Google account? Really, I don't know.

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
HAH! Yes, that Google. They know everything!

I've never had the gmail account added to my phone. And it seems to have been a one off thing so far. Only one appointment from her calendar has shown up so far, so maybe it was some weird sharing glitch on Google's end. That or Cortana is way more alive and sentient than we realize:smile:

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
No, I checked my calendars and it was not a shared event. I had her log into hers to confirm she hadn't shared it with me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster