does cortana need internet ?

Qais Abu-Hasan

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey,
I know this is a bit an ***** question , but I only use wi-fi for internet connection and that's basicly in my house or my friends' , so does cortana need internet connection for everything or it can give me some features like location-based reminders even without internet ?? Thanks in advance

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, Cortana will still do everything that is local to your phone without any internet connection, so if you set any location based reminders or that kind of thing, tell her to play music or turn on Bluetooth etc., then you will be fine and Cortana will work as you expect.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
As far as I'm aware, Cortana will still do everything that is local to your phone without any internet connection, so if you set any location based reminders or that kind of thing, tell her to play music or turn on Bluetooth etc., then you will be fine and Cortana will work as you expect.

All this is true :) but I have noticed just one thing.. When I don't have any data or not connected to wifi I can't add a reminder? I have previously only tried doing this by voice so maybe if I add a reminder by typing it in it might work..

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I think that Cortana uses the Bing backend services to recognise more complex things that you're saying and relate them to your diary, so which is why you have to have a data connection to get reminders to work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss