07-11-2014 01:45 PM
57 123
tools
    Yeah, that's disappointing. But I'd much rather have something working when it's ready than something broken right now. I guess there's some services/providers who aren't yet ready.
    David P2 likes this.
    07-08-2014 02:30 AM
    Much disappoint, very upset, so angry, wow
    In all seriousness, I was really hoping for Cortana this month.
    07-08-2014 03:19 AM
    If people have been following Talderon's Cortana thread, they'll have an appreciation of just how complex the data and services are behind that freaky blue circle. There's a huge amount of data, a huge amount of data sources, and a huge amount of processing needed to bring those together in the simple, precise little nuggets that are placed onto your phone.

The fact that it's still labelled "Beta" in the US and still has glitches proves that she's still not ready yet. It's not just a case of flipping a switch in different regions because there's a large amount of region based data sources and data management that needs to happen. The fact that the forecasts were wrong aren't hugely surprising given the size of the task (although admittedly disappointing). Forecasts are just that - educated guesses and they can be wrong - things can also change or be delayed after the forecast is made. An incorrect forecast does not mean that anyone is lying or attempting to mislead.

Cortana is a lady - she'll be fashionably late and be absolutely stunning when she does turn up...
    neo158 likes this.
    07-08-2014 05:41 AM
    If people have been following Talderon's Cortana thread, they'll have an appreciation of just how complex the data and services are behind that freaky blue circle. There's a huge amount of data, a huge amount of data sources, and a huge amount of processing needed to bring those together in the simple, precise little nuggets that are placed onto your phone.

The fact that it's still labelled "Beta" in the US and still has glitches proves that she's still not ready yet. It's not just a case of flipping a switch in different regions because there's a large amount of region based data sources and data management that needs to happen. The fact that the forecasts were wrong aren't hugely surprising given the size of the task (although admittedly disappointing). Forecasts are just that - educated guesses and they can be wrong - things can also change or be delayed after the forecast is made. An incorrect forecast does not mean that anyone is lying or attempting to mislead.

Cortana is a lady - she'll be fashionably late and be absolutely stunning when she does turn up...
    I forecast that WP is going to be at least one UK user less by the end of the year.......

Marcus wasn't forecasting anything when he made his announcement. MS wasn't forecasting when they stuck the word "soon" on twitter....... That was telling people what was going to happen.

On a somewhat separate note, where are the official MS boys 'n girls on this forum....you know, the ones that are paid to contain customer rage?

I've just read an interesting article on linkedin about containing anger on social feeds....MS would do really well to take note.

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/...k=object-title

A lot of this upset would disappear if someone official would pitch up, apologise for the miscommunication and set the record straight with some REALISTIC timescales.

I'd love to hear from Joe B, I really would.....

But alas, we'll just sit here and lambast MS for being lying dimwits who only give a crap about the US market.....
    07-08-2014 06:13 AM
    Yyepppp.. Still. If they would update the 8x rom... I wouldn't ccaarreee,,.
    Painkillerhu and Jcmg62 like this.
    07-08-2014 08:46 AM
    the work around works well just use that till it comes
    07-10-2014 01:01 PM
    the work around works well just use that till it comes
    Problem is.. The workaround doesn't work on the HTC devices... Because we don't have the English US language in the roms -_-...
    07-11-2014 01:45 PM
57 123