Cortana in UK

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There's a couple of major differences with Cortana:

1. The phone needs to know that Cortana is available in the UK and China otherwise
2. You can't launch Cortana from the Live Tile.

The phone needs to be told that it has an updated feature set as Cortana is disabled along with the ancillary functions like Quiet Hours.
You think? It would make sense.. Isn't the info not passed through the web.. Because only a restart is required to get it..

Activation is server side. If you change your region a restart is required. If you don't, I am not 100% certain that it will not need a restart.

I don't understand, but ow well, I just hope it will be upon soon :)
I get it :D. So, now we have to wait for an ota to official 8.1.. And another for UK Cortana..

OTA of Windows Phone 8.1 has no bearing on the region, we are on a totally different release schedule.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Activation is server side. If you change your region a restart is required. If you don't, I am not 100% certain that it will not need a restart.

OTA of Windows Phone 8.1 has no bearing on the region, we are on a totally different release schedule.

I don't think I worded it quite right, what I suspect is that we will get a notification that the available features have changed and need to restart.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't think I worded it quite right, what I suspect is that we will get a notification that the available features have changed and need to restart.

Ah, ok. Yeah, this is probably what will happen. I can't confirm since I am not in a region that does not have Cortana. I will ask though and see if I can get a confirmation from the dev/pm team. :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Ah, ok. Yeah, this is probably what will happen. I can't confirm since I am not in a region that does not have Cortana. I will ask though and see if I can get a confirmation from the dev/pm team. :)

It's the same way the Zune software worked, when the features changed you got a notification in the app to restart.

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
If we know the release date.. At least the waiting will be easier;);)... It is good to know that it only is a server switch...

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
hahahaha, I KNNOOOWWW, I just dislike htc strongly for their ROM f* up. Otherwise I wouldn't have cared...onll have to say call different really.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Its the 03rd July.......where's my %#?&%$ Cortana!!!! Please please please refrain from using the word soon :) or imminent for that matter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo