Cortana in UK

foaf

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
No, but just perform the work around and give it a go.
There are niggles in changing your language and region settings, and Cortanna doesn't like my English accent. But it's worth it if you're the type of person who just has to know what she's like

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
No, but just perform the work around and give it a go.
There are niggles in changing your language and region settings, and Cortanna doesn't like my English accent. But it's worth it if you're the type of person who just has to know what she's like

Did you not know that most 8x's cant change their settings as for me the UK settings cant be deleted and Cortana will not enable because of this

Pricey_2k

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
@evleaks leaked an image from Nokia about the release date schedule for Windows 8.1 (Windows Phone 8.1 Release Schedule for Nokia Lumia Devices Revealed via Leaked Roadmap).

This shows as late June/early July for most devices. I would imagine taking into account the tweet from @marcusash saying that 'Making #Cortana available in the UK and China will happen very soon. Weeks not months.' https://twitter.com/marcusash/status/477959992650117120 (June 15th) I would guess the two will come near enough hand in hand (usually Nokia release there updates for most regions at once).

With the guess work above, I'd predict that HTC wouldn't be too far behind Nokia with 8.1/Cortana so I would think that we can all look forward to Cortana in the UK on the stable update channel very soon! :D

I might be wrong though, just trying to make a square fit through a triangle hole!

Painkillerhu

Feb 3, 2014
Visit site
@evleaks leaked an image from Nokia about the release date schedule for Windows 8.1 (Windows Phone 8.1 Release Schedule for Nokia Lumia Devices Revealed via Leaked Roadmap).

This shows as late June/early July for most devices. I would imagine taking into account the tweet from @marcusash saying that 'Making #Cortana available in the UK and China will happen very soon. Weeks not months.' https://twitter.com/marcusash/status/477959992650117120 (June 15th) I would guess the two will come near enough hand in hand (usually Nokia release there updates for most regions at once).

With the guess work above, I'd predict that HTC wouldn't be too far behind Nokia with 8.1/Cortana so I would think that we can all look forward to Cortana in the UK on the stable update channel very soon! :D

I might be wrong though, just trying to make a square fit through a triangle hole!

Oh god, may your words be true!:D

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
At least..not today, i think ;(. I WANT TO HAVE U.S. LANGUAGE HTC!!!!!!
And I don't think the rom/os has to be updated to have Cortana available.. I would say it is a server side switch.. correct me if I'm wrong though.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
At least..not today, i think ;(. I WANT TO HAVE U.S. LANGUAGE HTC!!!!!!
And I don't think the rom/os has to be updated to have Cortana available.. I would say it is a server side switch.. correct me if I'm wrong though.

That and, possibly, an update to make the feature available on devices in the UK and China in a similar way to adding languages to the keyboard.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
No Update needed. Cortana will just start when you hit the search button rather than the search page. was the same with Bing Smartsearch after changing to US Region.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
No Update needed. Cortana will just start when you hit the search button rather than the search page. was the same with Bing Smartsearch after changing to US Region.

There's a couple of major differences with Cortana:

1. The phone needs to know that Cortana is available in the UK and China otherwise
2. You can't launch Cortana from the Live Tile.

The phone needs to be told that it has an updated feature set as Cortana is disabled along with the ancillary functions like Quiet Hours.

Victoroos

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
There's a couple of major differences with Cortana:

1. The phone needs to know that Cortana is available in the UK and China otherwise
2. You can't launch Cortana from the Live Tile.

The phone needs to be told that it has an updated feature set as Cortana is disabled along with the ancillary functions like Quiet Hours.

You think? It would make sense.. Isn't the info not passed through the web.. Because only a restart is required to get it..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire