Does anyone know how to change the default Alarm sound ?

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Every time I ask Cortana to set an alarm it defaults to nokia's weak little alarm ringtone. It's annoying having to keep changing back to my preferred alarm ringtone. Am I missing some thing. Is there even a setting for this?

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I think the OP wants Cortana to set the alarm and she always seems to use the default alarm tone. Seriously tho forget Cortana and just set it yourself. Takes like , what, 5 sec?
To answer your question tho there is no way I've heard of to get cortana to use any other ringtone for the alarm but the default. Maybe later down the road with the official upgrade, but wouldn't hold my breath for it.

anon(8800827)

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello to the forums. This is my first post.
I would also like the option to change the default alarm sound. The tone that's default right now is kind of silent or not alarming enough (I have quite a deep sleep). I searcher the uservoice feature suggestions to see if there already was such a suggestion, and found this one: Default Alarm Sound – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
I already gave my available votes to this suggestion, and would appreciate if those who would also like this feature voted for this to show their support. Thanks.

herbertsnow

Banned
Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello to the forums. This is my first post.
I would also like the option to change the default alarm sound. The tone that's default right now is kind of silent or not alarming enough (I have quite a deep sleep). I searcher the uservoice feature suggestions to see if there already was such a suggestion, and found this one: Default Alarm Sound ?€“ Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone
I already gave my available votes to this suggestion, and would appreciate if those who would also like this feature voted for this to show their support. Thanks.

Voted.

anon(8813371)

Feb 8, 2016
Visit site
I know this is old, but this is the 3rd result that comes up on Google to change the default Alarm tone.
Here's what you do:

1. Go to Settings > Personalization > Sounds
  2. At the bottom of the screen, select the All apps list
  3. Pick Alarms&Clock and you can now select your custom ringtone

Previously you have to put your desired ringtone in the Ringtone folder, otherwise it won't appear in the tone list.

Source: windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-your-ringtone-mobile

D1JL

May 15, 2016
Visit site
I know this is old, but this is the 3rd result that comes up on Google to change the default Alarm tone.
Here's what you do:

1. Go to Settings > Personalization > Sounds
  2. At the bottom of the screen, select the All apps list
  3. Pick Alarms&Clock and you can now select your custom ringtone

Previously you have to put your desired ringtone in the Ringtone folder, otherwise it won't appear in the tone list.

Source: windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-your-ringtone-mobile

Let me first correct the question.
How can I change the alarm clock tone to something other than the default tone?

Using the above procedure, there s no all apps list.
There is also no listing for Alarms & Clock that I can find.

Thanks,
Dave

Edit:
Never mind found it

Last edited:

TorQue MoD

May 9, 2017
Visit site
Every time I ask Cortana to set an alarm it defaults to nokia's weak little alarm ringtone. It's annoying having to keep changing back to my preferred alarm ringtone. Am I missing some thing. Is there even a setting for this?

As of the last update around May 2017 this process has changed slightly. Here's a tutorial with images:

Step 01 - Swipe down from the top of your phone and press "All Settings"
WP_DefaultSound01.jpg

Step 02 - Press "Personalisation"
WP_DefaultSound02.jpg

Step 03 - Press "Sounds"
WP_DefaultSound03.jpg

Step 04 - Scroll down a bit and Press "Manage App Sounds"
WP_DefaultSound04.jpg

Step 05 - Scroll down till you find the Alarms & Clock section and Press it.(this also works for the default sound of any of your apps)
WP_DefaultSound05.jpg

Step 06 - Scroll down till you see the Notification Sound and Press on the Default Sound drop down. Pick the new sound you want to set as the default from the list.
WP_DefaultSound06.jpg

That's it. Hope this helps people as it took me a while to figure it out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos