Cortana's Music Recognition Is Superior

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm really impressed with cortana's music recognition I put it head to head with Shazam which is supposed to be the most famous app for music recognition along with SoundHound. It took shazam a couple of trials to recognize the song. I played the same clip from the song and Cortana recognized it at once.
Hats off to Microsoft for that.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Cortana IS great at music recognition but give me a minute to screen shot your post. I have never seen a post from you in praise of anything in 8.1. :)

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Cortana IS great at music recognition but give me a minute to screen shot your post. I have never seen a post from you in praise of anything in 8.1. :)
Hahahahahaha wow someone is paying attention to my posts :p
That's the thing I don't hate 8.1 , I just want it to be better you know ?

KarateDad

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
But how can you see a history of the songs you've had it search for? I was traveling this week, and heard several songs on the radio I wanted to pick up when I wasn't driving. But now I don't know how to see the history....Anyone know

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
What is amazing to me is how fast it can figure out which song is playing and it can figure out songs that don't even have words.

wimvanp1

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
But how can you see a history of the songs you've had it search for? I was traveling this week, and heard several songs on the radio I wanted to pick up when I wasn't driving. But now I don't know how to see the history....Anyone know

You can see your music history by clicking on the notebook symbol in the upper right corner. There's an option ' music searches' with your history!

drbanks

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Not only is Cortana/Bing good at IDing music, it can be fantastic at IDing classical music.

I have had it (multiple times) correctly identify the specific album, even when the artist/orchestra/label are hopelessly obscure.

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I only use cortana/bing music search. But I've seen other apps recognize live songs, which I don't believe they added yet. I know it wasn't in the bing version.

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
It actually works only with songs that are in the XBox Music library, while Shazam will recognize any song in existence.
I pretty much doubt that shazzam will recognize a song not provided by an underlying database. how do you actually think stuff like this is working? magic?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb