47 12
tools
    Thank YOU for being our liasion!!!!!
    04-27-2014 08:06 PM
    be interested to hear the direction cortana will go
    04-27-2014 08:38 PM
    ... or Cortana's voice can now be heard LOL
    04-27-2014 08:44 PM
    Cortana is looking good. I put Cortana to the test against Siri on my work iphone and against Google voice on my girlfriend Samsung S5. And let me tell you Cortana wins all the time. But I am glad to hear that there is room for improvement. Thank you for improving Cortana taking our feedback.
    Jazmac and jleebiker like this.
    04-27-2014 09:07 PM
    Cortana is looking good. I put Cortana to the test against Siri on my work iphone and against Google voice on my girlfriend Samsung S5. And let me tell you Cortana wins all the time. But I am glad to hear that there is room for improvement. Thank you for improving Cortana taking our feedback.
    I wish she can send a message while offline, and also recognize my accent (I speak mixed American and British accents LOL)
    k0de likes this.
    04-27-2014 09:11 PM
    I wish she can send a message while offline, and also recognize my accent (I speak mixed American and British accents LOL)
    Perhaps on the next update. If not we have to wait for Cortana to grow up. Remember Cortana is a baby. She is just a month old. Lets see what Cortana can do when Cortana becomes a grown woman. Lol
    anon(8150199) likes this.
    04-27-2014 09:22 PM
    Female? Yes. Woman? No.
    Quoting Cortana lol
    anon(8150199) likes this.
    04-27-2014 09:36 PM
    Talderon work for MS? cool and on WP team? even cooler
    Alex Blast likes this.
    04-27-2014 09:52 PM
    hey man thanks for your work. I think this is what people want and you have provided that. its the stuff that counts :)
    04-27-2014 11:51 PM
    Thank you for all you've done. You've been more than helpful and a great listener and exceptional employee representing your company in the finest manners.
    jleebiker likes this.
    04-27-2014 11:54 PM
    Thank you for conveying the feedback to the appropriate team. Really loving WP8.1 on all the smartphones in this household. FYI, I was hooked on to WP8 by my friend who works for MSFT.....please get the Music Hub sorted out and we do need a "Hey Cortana" type buzzword to wake Cortana up, especially while driving.
    04-28-2014 02:06 AM
    Will Cortana be able to answer what song the phone is currently playing? Saying "What song is this?" (or any of several variants) makes Cortana listen for music.

I know this is OT to Cortana, but will we ever see HD Radio in a WP device? Thanks!
    04-28-2014 08:41 AM
    Will Cortana be able to answer what song the phone is currently playing? Saying "What song is this?" (or any of several variants) makes Cortana listen for music.

I know this is OT to Cortana, but will we ever see HD Radio in a WP device? Thanks!
    the 1st question: sure, but I never test it.
    04-28-2014 09:00 AM
    First of all. Thanks everyone. This was never meant to be any kind of "Official" work for me. I did this because the community is great, gave ME a lot of insights as to what users experienced and wanted. I took it upon myself to start compiling this data and presenting it to the team. Now, even though this is still NOT an official channel, myself and a couple others have taken to some of the other message boards and started gathering data. You guys here, as expected, are the most vocal and most responsive group anywhere. Willing to participate in my data collection thread and send in feedback in many different ways. For this reason, I just wanted to reach out and say Thank you!

Thanks for:

Willing to provide details
    Put up with my poking and prodding
    Making me work hours and hours outside of my work day () I would have been here anyway, so no sweat. LOL!

Truth be told, I was a HUGE xda geek for the longest time when I was on Android. Things went down-hill there really fast and found myself here more and more. People wanted to actually DISCUSS things here. I became a Moderator on Android Central which I was VERY VERY proud of, but, the timing was not right. I had just started to move away from Android and finally switched to Windows Phone shortly after starting work at Microsoft. They gave us all a free WP Device (I got a Yellow Lumia 920 at launch) and thought Why Not. SO glad I did! :D

Ok, enough with the dribble, the point is, without you guys, Cortana would be going in a different direction. Not a BAD one, just different priorities. I wanted to say Thanks to everyone and just show that you have been heard and Microsoft has noticed. :)

Talderon work for MS? cool and on WP team? even cooler
    Yeah, I work for MS, however, not on the WP team. I am actually a Lead Sr. Engineer working on Bing, but am the SME (Subject Matter Expert) on the Cortana Back-End when it comes to Bing integration. Because of that, I am closely tied into the Cortana Development team and Windows Phone.

As for No. 1, I have no idea, I'll play with it later.
    No.2 Same boat, no idea. I am not sure the current gen devices have HD radio hardware? I'll ask up the chain for sure!
    ajj3085 and TheWPFan like this.
    04-28-2014 10:18 AM
    Can you confirm that Cortana will not breakthrough with notifications when Driving Mode is turned on? I setup a location based reminder that is much closer to my home than work and that I pass twice every day (on the way to and from work) and I did not see the notification until I got to work and got out my car this morning.
    04-28-2014 11:11 AM
    It's great to hear that our comments and enthusiasm for Cortana here are being actively considered.

One of the things I really hope makes the "Coming Soon" list is more back and forth conversations, and unprompted interactions with Cortana. I think this is a fairly universal wish, based on various threads in this forum. For instance, just using the functionality that she already has for text messages, you could do the following:

Cortana unprompted interactions (in a non-intrusive way):

If your notifications aren't silenced, on vibrate, or in quiet hours...

Cortana: "Hey, [name]? / Excuse me, [name] / etc."

• Cortana listens for "Yes?" "Yeah?" "What's up, Cortana?" etc.

(If she doesn't hear an affirmative response, conversation stops. This is the polite, "Are you available?" check to avoid bugging you when you're busy... similar to how a real assistant would check.)

Cortana: "You know that thing you asked me to remind you about earlier? Don't forget to call your wife about XYZ tonight."
    or "You'd asked me to track ABC subject for you. I found something interesting about it. Do you want to hear about it?"

• Cortana again goes into listening mode, looking for things like, "Yeah, read it" or the other similar prompts we get with text messages now.
    • If "Yes." Cortana reads subject of news item, update on plane flight, etc.
    • If "No." Cortana says "OK, it will be on my list for you when you check later."
    • If "Right, call my wife please." Cortana starts the call, or performs other app functions depending on the context of the reminder.

I think that would really impress the jaded iOS and Android crowds voice assistant crowds, and do more to make her feel like a real assistant. You can use the same functionality we already have for text messages, just include a very short, polite "Are you available?" prompt in front of other reminders and things she's tracking for you (and allow the feature to be turned off, or limited to only prompting every X number of hours for news/subject updates).

Again, great to hear that you're listening.

Cheers,

--Vel
    04-28-2014 02:29 PM
    Although that's a GOLD idea but that's not that easy to implement considering the constraints a mobile will present, biggest being the battery. Sure you may tuirn it on/off but MS won't devcelop it unless they see a gain from it which IMHO is unlikely. Sorry for the chitchat Talderon!

It's great to hear that our comments and enthusiasm for Cortana here are being actively considered.

One of the things I really hope makes the "Coming Soon" list is more back and forth conversations, and unprompted interactions with Cortana. I think this is a fairly universal wish, based on various threads in this forum. For instance, just using the functionality that she already has for text messages, you could do the following:

Cortana unprompted interactions (in a non-intrusive way):

If your notifications aren't silenced, on vibrate, or in quiet hours...

Cortana: "Hey, [name]? / Excuse me, [name] / etc."

• Cortana listens for "Yes?" "Yeah?" "What's up, Cortana?" etc.

(If she doesn't hear an affirmative response, conversation stops. This is the polite, "Are you available?" check to avoid bugging you when you're busy... similar to how a real assistant would check.)

Cortana: "You know that thing you asked me to remind you about earlier? Don't forget to call your wife about XYZ tonight."
    or "You'd asked me to track ABC subject for you. I found something interesting about it. Do you want to hear about it?"

• Cortana again goes into listening mode, looking for things like, "Yeah, read it" or the other similar prompts we get with text messages now.
    • If "Yes." Cortana reads subject of news item, update on plane flight, etc.
    • If "No." Cortana says "OK, it will be on my list for you when you check later."
    • If "Right, call my wife please." Cortana starts the call, or performs other app functions depending on the context of the reminder.

I think that would really impress the jaded iOS and Android crowds voice assistant crowds, and do more to make her feel like a real assistant. You can use the same functionality we already have for text messages, just include a very short, polite "Are you available?" prompt in front of other reminders and things she's tracking for you (and allow the feature to be turned off, or limited to only prompting every X number of hours for news/subject updates).

Again, great to hear that you're listening.

Cheers,

--Vel
    04-28-2014 05:57 PM
    No.2 Same boat, no idea. I am not sure the current gen devices have HD radio hardware? I'll ask up the chain for sure!
    Thank you! AFAIK, it's just software to pick up the HD channels, since the FM tuner is already present. Thanks again! :)
    04-29-2014 01:01 PM
    Can you confirm that Cortana will not breakthrough with notifications when Driving Mode is turned on? I setup a location based reminder that is much closer to my home than work and that I pass twice every day (on the way to and from work) and I did not see the notification until I got to work and got out my car this morning.
    Sounds like you just tested and confirmed it yourself. Why not repeat the process. You can easily verify it.
    04-29-2014 01:12 PM
    Thank you! AFAIK, it's just software to pick up the HD channels, since the FM tuner is already present. Thanks again! :)
    No, the hardware is totally different. AM/FM is an analog signal where HD Radio is a Digital signal.

Great article here: What Is the Difference Between HD Radio Receivers and AM/FM Signals? | eBay
    anon(8657436) and TheWPFan like this.
    04-30-2014 05:23 PM
    Can you make cortan listen to you even with the screen off ? Like moto x or one plus one

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    05-04-2014 03:30 PM
    cortana.uservoice.com FOR SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!! No gain by swiping ideas on WPCentral.
    vitor.rf likes this.
    05-04-2014 04:33 PM
47 12