Thank You everone! Your voices have been heard!!!

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I have a question, will we ever see the features of Zune in the Xbox music app? The app as it has been for the last 2years is severely lacking, embarrassingly so if you have ever used Zune, thanks.

JonnieLasVegas

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a question, will we ever see the features of Zune in the Xbox music app? The app as it has been for the last 2years is severely lacking, embarrassingly so if you have ever used Zune, thanks.

We can only hope. But let's be realistic, it'll never be as good as the Zune player was in WP7.

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Ditto. Thanks for listening. Cortana on Kids Corner would be great. My son and daughter (7 and 4) are constantly asking if they can speak to Cortana 😊

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is looking good. I put Cortana to the test against Siri on my work iphone and against Google voice on my girlfriend Samsung S5. And let me tell you Cortana wins all the time. But I am glad to hear that there is room for improvement. Thank you for improving Cortana taking our feedback.

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Cortana is looking good. I put Cortana to the test against Siri on my work iphone and against Google voice on my girlfriend Samsung S5. And let me tell you Cortana wins all the time. But I am glad to hear that there is room for improvement. Thank you for improving Cortana taking our feedback.

I wish she can send a message while offline, and also recognize my accent (I speak mixed American and British accents LOL)

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
I wish she can send a message while offline, and also recognize my accent (I speak mixed American and British accents LOL)

Perhaps on the next update. If not we have to wait for Cortana to grow up. Remember Cortana is a baby. She is just a month old. Lets see what Cortana can do when Cortana becomes a grown woman. Lol

Reebs Reebs

May 18, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for all you've done. You've been more than helpful and a great listener and exceptional employee representing your company in the finest manners.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for conveying the feedback to the appropriate team. Really loving WP8.1 on all the smartphones in this household. FYI, I was hooked on to WP8 by my friend who works for MSFT.....please get the Music Hub sorted out and we do need a "Hey Cortana" type buzzword to wake Cortana up, especially while driving.

TheWPFan

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Will Cortana be able to answer what song the phone is currently playing? Saying "What song is this?" (or any of several variants) makes Cortana listen for music.

I know this is OT to Cortana, but will we ever see HD Radio in a WP device? Thanks!

anon(8150199)

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
Will Cortana be able to answer what song the phone is currently playing? Saying "What song is this?" (or any of several variants) makes Cortana listen for music.

I know this is OT to Cortana, but will we ever see HD Radio in a WP device? Thanks!
the 1st question: sure, but I never test it.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
First of all. Thanks everyone. This was never meant to be any kind of "Official" work for me. I did this because the community is great, gave ME a lot of insights as to what users experienced and wanted. I took it upon myself to start compiling this data and presenting it to the team. Now, even though this is still NOT an official channel, myself and a couple others have taken to some of the other message boards and started gathering data. You guys here, as expected, are the most vocal and most responsive group anywhere. Willing to participate in my data collection thread and send in feedback in many different ways. For this reason, I just wanted to reach out and say Thank you!

Thanks for:

Willing to provide details
Put up with my poking and prodding
Making me work hours and hours outside of my work day :)winktongue:) I would have been here anyway, so no sweat. LOL!

Truth be told, I was a HUGE xda geek for the longest time when I was on Android. Things went down-hill there really fast and found myself here more and more. People wanted to actually DISCUSS things here. I became a Moderator on Android Central which I was VERY VERY proud of, but, the timing was not right. I had just started to move away from Android and finally switched to Windows Phone shortly after starting work at Microsoft. They gave us all a free WP Device (I got a Yellow Lumia 920 at launch) and thought Why Not. SO glad I did! :D

Ok, enough with the dribble, the point is, without you guys, Cortana would be going in a different direction. Not a BAD one, just different priorities. I wanted to say Thanks to everyone and just show that you have been heard and Microsoft has noticed. :)

Talderon work for MS? cool and on WP team? even cooler

Yeah, I work for MS, however, not on the WP team. I am actually a Lead Sr. Engineer working on Bing, but am the SME (Subject Matter Expert) on the Cortana Back-End when it comes to Bing integration. Because of that, I am closely tied into the Cortana Development team and Windows Phone.

As for No. 1, I have no idea, I'll play with it later.
No.2 Same boat, no idea. I am not sure the current gen devices have HD radio hardware? I'll ask up the chain for sure!

Mandos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Can you confirm that Cortana will not breakthrough with notifications when Driving Mode is turned on? I setup a location based reminder that is much closer to my home than work and that I pass twice every day (on the way to and from work) and I did not see the notification until I got to work and got out my car this morning.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs