Cortana is a work of witchcraft (or art!)

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
We live in the age of 4G. But my Lumia 925 doesn't have the correct firmware to match my shiny new WP8.1, so my network keeps jumping between H and H+. I only have 3G. But due to unstable radio, I realised my phone heated up and battery was hammered.

I turned to 2G. Very consistent network. My whatsapp and Bing apps have been slow, so has WPCentral for obvious reasons... But.. Cortana? Damn, that girl doesn't stop amusing me. Push notification, chit chat, reminders and even jokes and song work flawlessly on 2G!!

I am still struggling to understand how is she getting everything from clouds and syncing it like she is on WiFi, so effortlessly. Power of cloud or black magic? :)

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Push notification, chit chat, reminders and even jokes and song work flawlessly on 2G!!

I am still struggling to understand how is she getting everything from clouds and syncing it like she is on WiFi, so effortlessly. Power of cloud or black magic? :)

Well wouldn't everything but push notifications not need internet because it is pre-downloaded onto the phone?

Last edited:

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I was under the impression, voice recognition was via cloud. :S
Some of it is via cloud. Like if you get a text message while driving (Bluetooth on), Cortana will let you know about the message and she will read it for you but if you try to reply using your voice it fails to recognize anything if you're offline.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon