Bug-Cortana & Speech command?

Joseph Msiza

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I am using Lumia 920 and recently installed WP8.1.I love my Lumia. I am located in South Africa. My phone's LCD screen had a crack but it worked perfectly while I was using WP8 OS. I took my phone for repairs to replace the screen after I upgraded to WP8.1. The phone worked perfectly for a day then after I began to experience an annoying behavior where Cortana or the Speech Command continuously pops up on its own and the phone starts opening other apps and then reverts back to Cortana repeatedly. After that the screen freezes. I have to do a soft reset to get it working again. This usually happens when I browse the internet.The question: Is this a bug or is it because I had the screen replaced?

Last edited:

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I guess it may be a problem with the screen. A friend of mine with nokia c4 had this crazy problem where a specific spot of his screen would register touches even when not touched. Maybe that's what happenned to you.
I am using Lumia 920 and recently installed WP8.1.I love my Lumia. I am located in South Africa. My phone's LCD screen had a crack but it worked perfectly while I was using WP8 OS. I took my phone for repairs to replace the screen after I upgraded to WP8.1. The phone worked perfectly for a day then after I began to experience an annoying behavior where Cortana or the Speech Command continuously pops up on its own and the phone starts opening other apps and then reverts back to Cortana repeatedly. After that the screen freezes. I have to do a soft reset to get it working again. This usually happens when I browse the internet.The question: Is this a bug or is it because I had the screen replaced?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon