cortana cant seem to connect right now

rpm1984

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have been a little slow on updating to WP8.1 as I was traveling and didn't want to risk have a problem with my phone if the upgrade went south. Anyways I am sure this has been answered somewhere I just can't seem to find it. When I am on WIFI Cortana tells me she can't connect right now. I have tried restarting, soft reset, etc. Nothing works. I saw somewhere that it is a router setting but I cant change the router where I work and everything else on my phone works fine so if it is a router problem to me that really is a Cortana problem since I have never had a problem in the last 2 years with my WP on this network. Anyone have an answer out there?

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Lol I've been trying to convince some people that the Wifi connectivity on 8.1 leaves a bit to be desired about, but some.. ugh never mind....
In any case.. She needs a strong connection so if the network your own is being overused then she might be a bit slow or give you that response idd...
Also try turning off wifi sense + sharing network with others.. Not sure if those options actually mess with the signal, but just a few hours ago I had some issues
with connecting to my network :/ I turned those two settings off and she was present again :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon