08-23-2014 05:11 AM
66 123
tools
    Yesterday at the end of work Cortana told me it was time to go home. So cool.
    05-13-2014 02:33 AM
    Loving the location based reminders. I was thinking of withdrawing some cash but it was not so urgent that i'll look for my bank's atm. Thus I told Cortana to remind me to withdraw cash whenever i'm near any branch of ICICI bank atm. And in the evening when I reached near my home it popped up and showed this reminder. I guess it searched some nearby bank. Cool.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Cortana
    CyberAngel_777 likes this.
    05-13-2014 03:07 AM
    Can't get it to work :( Do you know any solution ?
    05-13-2014 03:34 AM
    Can't get it to work :( Do you know any solution ?
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/13/9ysy7u4a.png
    I would try and turn battery saver off since it's giving you that reason. Now why is battery save on when your battery is 90% full? I would play around with battery saver and see what's up...
    05-13-2014 08:06 PM
    There is a option in Cortana settings that allows it to run unaltered in battery saver mode too

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Cortana
    CyberAngel_777 likes this.
    05-13-2014 09:09 PM
    I didn't have battery saver on but I fixed that by allowing to run on background when baterry saver is on

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    05-14-2014 03:50 AM
    Now i'm getting this notification before leaving to work too. Awesome.
    I'm retired but Cortana hasn't figured it out so doesn't remind me every morning that I don't have to go to work. :(
    05-17-2014 03:28 PM
    I'm still an off and on iOS user and find the location based reminders are so better implemented in wp8.1! I'm hoping for a few more ease of use features with calendar location and address searching from Cortana though.
    05-17-2014 05:10 PM
    cortana suddenly not connecting to my Wi-Fi ,📶 , but working fine on 3g or 2g ...Wi-Fi network is alright, everything is working properly expect Cortana Somebody plz help :'(
    05-18-2014 07:38 AM
    So far, I haven't had much luck with Cortana in the following areas:
    - Flight Tracking. I've got the box checked for Cortana to harvest data from my email, but I've never gotten her to track a flight/offer to track a flight automatically. My last trip, I even had the flight tracked in Bing Travel and she still didn't pick up on it. When I used Cortana to search manually for the flight info, she did offer to track it, however.
    - Location-based things are very inconsistent/laggy. In the last week, I've set three location-based reminders. One for home, one for a specific grocery store, and one for a specific furniture store. The reminder for home popped up after I'd been home for about five minutes, the grocery store reminder popped up as I was pulling out of the store parking lot (having spent 30 minutes to finish my shopping trip withou the reminder), and the other one never popped up at all.
    - Cortana knows where I work, she knows where I live, and I've clicked what I think are all the appropriate "my commute" settings under interests (and again in Nokia Drive). I've never gotten a work-related auto traffic notification.
    - Traffic notifications for what time to leave for other appointments are working quite nicely, though.
    - Voice requests for the NBA playoffs yield inconsistent results. Asking "How are the Portland Trail Blazers doing?" resulted in getting a host of web search results; using the exact same question five minutes later got me the tragic (but accurate) answer that the Spurs were crushing them in the third quarter of the game.
    - Person-based reminders rock. Very impressed with this feature. I'm not sure whether it would be awesome or creepy if Cortana parsed the person's Facebook to suggest I ask about things like major status changes and such.

So, thus far, I'm seeing some, but not a lot, of awesome from Cortana. I am seeing a lot of good potential. My hope is that Microsoft's development cycle is faster now than it has been since WP launched. Right now, I think Google Now is way ahead of Cortana in many respects (but since Google is, well, evil, I won't reward them by buying an Android phone). Still, Cortana is pretty good for a beta service, and I look forward to seeing how she evolves.
    05-20-2014 11:44 AM
    wp_ss_20140515_0001-1-.png Cortana suggested me this .Absolutely amazing!!!
    05-20-2014 12:07 PM
    So, basically what Google Now has been doing for 1+ years? Cool story bro. When can we get actual useful features that aren't just playing catchup with Google/Apple?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Google sycophant, but not an MS one either. I just like WP and Xbox and it pains me to see WP so far behind...
    So basically if some platform introduces something new to the platform but is already in existence on another platform its considered "lame" or "cool story" as how you like to put it. Well then I will present to you base on your own logic. Long before the number pad was put on phones we have the circular dialer where you would stick your finger in the number you want and rotate the dialer and it would turn.

So every since the modern number pad made its debut it has been the same for all these years. Therefore every phone in the past 10-20 years have all be "lame" or as you like to put it "cool story" because its nothing new and has been the same on a different platform.

Here is another one, all mobile phones are lame because ever since the cordless phone there has not been much innovation so therefore all phones are just "cool story" because well you know, cordless and not psychic brain wave powers.
    05-20-2014 12:17 PM
    As an aside, I installed the WP8.1 update while I was on a three-day business trip. For about a week afterwards, Cortana kept popping up a map of the hotel where I had been staying asking "Is this your home?" I kept telling her "no," but would get the pop-up again the next day. She never guessed even after a week of me being back home, where I actually lived until I manually typed it in for her.

So, good for guessing, needs some improvement on the learning aspect.
    05-20-2014 12:23 PM
    I just asked cortana where is clippy ? she gave an answer, then I came back to cortana main screen and saw clippy there in the middle :)
    http://i.imgur.com/YNjcxx7.png?1
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140711_0001-1-.png  
    TheMightyCraken and murderman like this.
    07-11-2014 09:01 AM
    I just asked cortana where is clippy ? she gave an answer, then I came back to cortana main screen and saw clippy there in the middle :)
    http://i.imgur.com/YNjcxx7.png?1
    Easter Egg! lol gotta try this!
    07-11-2014 06:00 PM
    Hey guys, Cortana now tells Times of world wide time zones... Just ask her or write "UK time now " or "USA time now" or "japan time now" etc etc... :)
    08-23-2014 05:11 AM
66 123