Wow, that was awesome Cortana.

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Just today I was about to leave my office at around 6pm, I got a nice little notification on my phone which surprised me. It was Cortana, she was telling me that if I leave now for home then I can reach home by 6:50 in this traffic. She also pointed out the fastest route. That was simply amazing. I guess she was running in background all those days, learning my routine and just today decided to pop out of nowhere to surprise me. What more is in store for us? Share your cool and surprising experiences with Cortana here.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Cortana

OHardy

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm living in Jamaica & was ecstatic to get this notification last week Thursday as well.

Last edited:

Angry Pixel

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Now i'm getting this notification before levying to work too. Awesome.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140506_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140506_0001.png
    470.5 KB · Views: 41

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Just today I was about to leave my office at around 6pm, I got a nice little notification on my phone which surprised me. It was Cortana, she was telling me that if I leave now for home then I can reach home by 6:50 in this traffic. She also pointed out the fastest route. That was simply amazing. I guess she was running in background all those days, learning my routine and just today decided to pop out of nowhere to surprise me. What more is in store for us? Share your cool and surprising experiences with Cortana here.

So, basically what Google Now has been doing for 1+ years? Cool story bro. When can we get actual useful features that aren't just playing catchup with Google/Apple?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Google sycophant, but not an MS one either. I just like WP and Xbox and it pains me to see WP so far behind...

Shamrock

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
So, basically what Google Now has been doing for 1+ years? Cool story bro. When can we get actual useful features that aren't just playing catchup with Google/Apple?

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Google sycophant, but not an MS one either. I just like WP and Xbox and it pains me to see WP so far behind...

To be fair, this is actually a little bit better of an implementation than Google's. Why? Because this will actually pop up and notify you, whereas on Android, it shows up as a card that you have to get to or swipe down from the notification shade.

I like Microsoft's version better.

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site

The cooler story is that that's about all google now has been doing for 1+ years now, at least WP is innovating
And growing. I Haven't seen android or apple doing either lately.

Alex Blast

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been using 8.1 since the day it was released, talked to Cortana everyday, took her to work every morning, and I haven't seen or heard her telling me when to leave for work, ever :( probably because of the fact that I live in Vietnam... Oh man, I am so so so sooooo envy with you guys

Sent from my RM-846_apac_vietnam_203 using Tapatalk

cnjvh

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
If this isn't working for you, open Cortana, open the settings menu, open Interests and then hit Traffic to open its settings. Verify the "Notify me when it's time to go" box is checked for traffic events. By default mine was not checked for traffic events. It started working after selecting it.

JerseySal

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site

Did Google notify you to tell you that you're a pompous piece of crap? No...because Google sucks.

Bernard Ofori

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site

you tooo? she learnt my routine and as soon as l got out of work at 2 the notification about traffic saying traffic is light and will get home in 30 minutes.she now knows i always get out at 2. nice one there cortana

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb