I posted some clever ideas in the Cortana UserVoice. Support if you can.

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
I posted a couple ideas in the new Cortana UserVoice that would make her more personable and more useful. One idea is knowing information on big events. So if I ask her to take me to a certain music festival or something, she can find where it is and open Navigation. My other idea could have much more potential. I suggested a Nokia City Lens type feature where Cortana can access your camera and give information on places you should go, landmarks, or maybe food since she can already predict when you might want to eat. Also as a gimmicky, but cool feature, she could comment on your surroundings like maybe, "Wow these streets are really bustling." Or something like that where she can sense certain images like people or animals or whatnot.

Have her use the camera to "see" surroundings and help. Similar to City Lens - Cortana Feedback

Know the location of big events - Cortana Feedback

chandy227

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Voted, I've been wanting to add school and my multiple student jobs! Good suggestion. We really need to request as many cool features as we can

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Some of the ideas are wild, i was just browsing the whole request and surprised by what others want Cortana to do

VelJharig

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Voted for the ideas listed above... all three of which I think would be useful. If we could turn this thread into a place to list the WPCentral Uservoice suggestions for Cortana, that would be handy as a way to track forum members suggestions. I've also added a suggestion on Uservoice for Cortana, about a way to have her provide unprompted comments (in a non-intrusive way) on stuff that you've asked her to track:

Cortana unprompted interactions (in a non-intrusive way)

This is an idea that they should be able to implement by simply expanding the system they use for new text messages now, so it should be quite doable at a basic level.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss