Use Cortana to call anyone on the phone book w/o unlock the phone issue

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
This is the same issue with Siri bug just discovered recently. Without unlock the phone, I can activate Cortana to call my wife.
In order to stop this, I have to go into Cortana settings. Under speech setting, you have to uncheck 'Allow speech above lock'. Hope this is something that Microsoft can fix before release WP8.1.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
It works for me even the phone is locked. I just need to turn on the phone, press and hold the search button for awhile.

phing77

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I think you confused. The bug with Siri is that even if you have lock screen password Siri will bypass the it and won't require you to enter password. I have tested Cortana and she ask me to enter password.

Oh and Holding down search button is a special feature that Cortana will listen to you immediately instead of you pressing the voice button.

MDboyz

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Right it is not exactly the same bug as Siri. However, I can ask Cortana to call specific people w/o unlock the phone. Not sure if it is intended to do that, or a bug.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don't know why, then, but when my phone is locked, Cortana won't even activate, either by long press or tap. I don't even have a password set.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte