Cortana Not For India

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Why people think that india is not better with their development? Everytime when I think of anything to update or happy about new update, their said not for india or coming after 2015. Now I said that i am a fool who buyed lumia 520. This is my worst experiene:unhappy:

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Why people think that india is not better with their development? Everytime when I think of anything to update or happy about new update, their said not for india or coming after 2015. Now I said that i am a fool who buyed lumia 520. This is my worst experiene:unhappy:
Just change your region to US from settings......Boom! You have Cortana on an Indian phone with full functionality :)

Siddharth Setia

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Don't be so emotional and get over it.

Just change your "Country/region" to US. And language settings to English/US. And voila you have Cortana.
Provided you have 8.1 dev preview installed.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
You make it sound like Microsoft is intentionally targeting India. And depending on when you bought the phone, Cortana shouldn't even have been a consideration.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
This has nothing to do with how developed a country is. Cortana is a beta version, and is currently US only. It will roll out to other countries when it is more polished and when it can give better local services, so that it is a better experience.

You could change your region, language, keyboard to US and use cortana on the WP 8.1 developer preview now. You don't have to wait for it to be available for India. I think it works fine for my current use (in India).

SRoshan143

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Many users never felt so. Many of them love their WPs (including ME) you are an exception. You have workarounds for everything. You can't get everything as soon as it is there. There are various issues which needs to be tackled before releasing for the general public. But still MS has given opportunity to have some fun before others. So don't complain and enjoy whatever you get. :p

muvig

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
We all changed our regions for Cortana,
​:unhappysweat:some of us HERE Drive doesn't work. i don't know after how many donkey years our area/country would be covered as per their warning that our area is not yet covered,
GPS voice Navigation works but it uses GOOGLE Maps which are not Offline, The developer was denied to use HERE Maps yet their Navigation doesn't cover our area.

Kunalya

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for info, as Installed preview for developers but it updated me with 8.0 only not get any udate about 8.1 as done 3 times to get 8.1 update but yet not get..... and where to change country region name?

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Keep checking for updates. If you had Lumia black installed on your phone, then you would get two updates- one is a version number 8.0.xxxx.
after that is another update which is 8.1.xxxx (this is the developer preview)

After that

Settings > System > language.

Ensure you have English (US) keyboard, and that it is enabled.

Then, change your region here:
.settings > system > region. Change to United States and ensure that Regional format matches the phone language.

anon(8555314)

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I suspect this is going to be nothing but trouble for someone who is struggling so much to figure this out. My advice, if you haven't done it yet, is to stay with 8.0 until your carrier has the official 8.1 update ready to go.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro