The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
05-18-2014 10:54 PM
72 123
tools
    also try
    Cortana what do you look like
    Cortana do you have a boyfriend

very funny....
    05-09-2014 09:41 PM
    also try
    Cortana what do you look like
    Cortana do you have a boyfriend

very funny....
    now if you have notice !! what do you look like was one of the questions JoeB had asked on stage and she responded with the answer. After the preview I tried the same and it didnt work ! meaning he already had this version of service on his phone !! no surprises just saying......

but i cant get her to respond to "do you like your name" and she says..."its a lot something than Microsft voice assistant....bla bla !!"
    05-09-2014 10:02 PM
    Ask Her "Do you like Cricket" ?
    Susmit257 likes this.
    05-09-2014 10:10 PM
    Tell her "I'm drunk."
    Susmit257 likes this.
    05-09-2014 10:25 PM
    Is anyone getting very odd search results? I asked Cortana "What's the time in Japan" and the text even came up with that but then it opened up my driving settings. Same question again got a web search.
    05-09-2014 10:36 PM
    I notice after reading this post that her voice is diff on some responses, definitely more human sounding. I think Cortona may have been WP's best marketing ploy...
    05-09-2014 10:48 PM
    Ask Cortana - "do you have a heart? "
    05-09-2014 11:55 PM
    Are you drunk?

she says " I suppose the answer is yes in at least one parallel universe" !
    05-10-2014 12:07 AM
    Do you have a car ?
    Aak her ;) .

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Tapatalk
    05-10-2014 12:17 AM
    Hi All,

Maybe someone could help out. I bought a Lumia 1320 and did the WP 8.1 update. I live in Malta in Europe and though I change the region to US I still can't use Cortana :( One other thing........when in US region the search button starts Bing but with the addition of an 'eye' icon at the bottom which when pressed starts a scanner with OCR capability, very awesome. But if in my region the 'eye' icon isn't there! Any help on these two things will be much appreciated.
    05-10-2014 12:45 AM
    search the forums, might want to post in the right area, for a start.
    05-10-2014 12:51 AM
    Although, when doing actual phone tasks, e.g. reminding you, creating events, etc., she sounds the same 😞 why are there two different voices for her?

That said, I love the "answering questions" voice of Cortana. Sounds wonderful. Is it actually Jen Taylor?
    You cant record everything in the world with what she says. The more generic stuff uses her voice sound (which needs to be tweaked still to sound more like her) , but the actual questions you ask with actual answers, she needs to be able to record answers or enough answers to keep you entertained, or enough of the words in enough ways that they can be spliced together and wont sound like a robot
    05-10-2014 03:10 AM
    As a side note, don't think she understands the complete question you are asking. What I mean it's that she actually gives you the same set of answers when you ask something like Are you ... ?
    The same happens with Do you have... ? Do you like ... ? Unless you mention someone special such as Steve Ballmer or clippy after Do you like.

So basically there are no new questions you can ask her, most of the time she'll just answer something based on the first words you say.

She makes you think she's vastly improved her registry of questions/answers in the last few days but, in reality, she hasn't at all. This phenomenon is what I call THE CORTANA EFFECT 😆
    Last edited by acl14; 05-10-2014 at 04:09 AM.
    Reebs Reebs likes this.
    05-10-2014 03:49 AM
    I know some people who looks just like that :p
    05-10-2014 04:52 AM
    As a side note, don't think she understands the complete question you are asking. What I mean it's that she actually gives you the same set of answers when you ask something like Are you ... ?
    The same happens with Do you have... ? Do you like ... ? Unless you mention someone special such as Steve Ballmer or clippy after Do you like.

So basically there are no new questions you can ask her, most of the time she'll just answer something based on the first words you say.
    You are correct. She's more or less like a Magic 8 Ball when you ask "do you like" or "what do you think of".

I wish they would program her to say "didn't you just ask me that?" when you ask the same question over and over.
    05-10-2014 08:38 AM
    I was hoping she'd be a little more context aware. She is when it comes to things like asking for a restaurant > pick option > give me directions to X. But for the most part, it's singular. For example, if you say "tell me a joke" she tells you the joke but if you then compliment her by saying "very funny" it'll simply search for very funny. Siri is actually pretty good at understanding the context of which something is said so while Cortana jokes about things being a little one sided in their conversations, Cortana is nothing one sided.
    05-10-2014 08:51 AM
    I was hoping she'd be a little more context aware. She is when it comes to things like asking for a restaurant > pick option > give me directions to X. But for the most part, it's singular. For example, if you say "tell me a joke" she tells you the joke but if you then compliment her by saying "very funny" it'll simply search for very funny. Siri is actually pretty good at understanding the context of which something is said so while Cortana jokes about things being a little one sided in their conversations, Cortana is nothing one sided.
    Give it some time, Siri wasn't made overnight, Siri is actually very old and was bought by Apple.
    05-10-2014 10:03 AM
    It's almost like there should be two buttons: one to do a Bing search and one to talk directly to Cortana. It's a little frustrating to get Bing search after Bing search because she's not picking up on you talking to her specifically.

What I really think should be implemented is if you start or end a sentence with her name that should be signal that you want her to respond to you.

"Cortana, you're very funny", "You're very funny, Cortana", etc.
    05-10-2014 10:08 AM
    Remember when Joe asked Cortana if she liked her name? She responds to that on my phone now. Ask her if she likes her name
    05-10-2014 10:16 AM
    It's almost like there should be two buttons: one to do a Bing search and one to talk directly to Cortana. It's a little frustrating to get Bing search after Bing search because she's not picking up on you talking to her specifically.

What I really think should be implemented is if you start or end a sentence with her name that should be signal that you want her to respond to you.

"Cortana, you're very funny", "You're very funny, Cortana", etc.
    Dat will make sense!!
    05-10-2014 10:17 AM
    Wow, she sings with a tune now....lol.. Wonder if features have been upgraded at this point ? Was this a "app" update that came down (one of those background apps that you don't see), or was this all server based...

Still have the bug, if I ask tell me a joke, I will get "Cant find a number for <facebook contact>" and crash to the tile page....
    05-10-2014 10:20 AM
    lol I found this pretty funny.
    wp_ss_20140510_0002.jpg
    05-10-2014 10:25 AM
    Wow, she sings with a tune now....lol.. Wonder if features have been upgraded at this point ? Was this a "app" update that came down (one of those background apps that you don't see), or was this all server based...

Still have the bug, if I ask tell me a joke, I will get "Cant find a number for <facebook contact>" and crash to the tile page....
    You need to ask "Tell a joke"
    05-10-2014 10:28 AM
    My favourite thing with cortana is simple and effective
    Play some music
    Ok shuffling some music... instant music with no app messing, that I like 😊
    05-10-2014 10:34 AM
    Remember when Joe asked Cortana if she liked her name? She responds to that on my phone now. Ask her if she likes her name
    She just gives one of her generic answers. What are you getting?
    05-10-2014 10:59 AM
72 123