Future Cortana updates

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
You know how in Motorola phones , you like the Moto G , you can say "google now" and it responds without even unlocking the phone ?
I was wondering if future updates will allow this to happen with Cortana like saying "Cortana" or something else which is cool 😎. Or is this feature a hardware feature and will never be seen on 920 , 1520, 930 , etc

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You know how in Motorola phones , you like the Moto G , you can say "google now" and it responds without even unlocking the phone ?
I was wondering if future updates will allow this to happen with Cortana like saying "Cortana" or something else which is cool ��. Or is this feature a hardware feature and will never be seen on 920 , 1520, 930 , etc

I think this will come with an update, but at the same time, i expect you'll need new hardware. 1520, 930 are supposedly capable of this, but Microsoft likes to pretend that old hardware does not support the feature, i.e. Miracast with snadragon s4 devices.

Azurus

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
I think this will come with an update, but at the same time, i expect you'll need new hardware. 1520, 930 are supposedly capable of this, but Microsoft likes to pretend that old hardware does not support the feature, i.e. Miracast with snadragon s4 devices.
Well I hope they don't pull such a "Nokia" move and stop updates for the current WP lineup.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
That of course if Microsoft can get around any patents that Google holds regarding voice activating a phone. Since Siri doesn't voice command (you still need to press a button), I'm assuming that Google has a patent on it.

https://www.google.com/patents/WO20...&sa=X&ei=6a9tU9oHzfagBPSVgegF&ved=0CD8Q6AEwAQ

https://www.google.com/patents/US20...tU9f8OMbsoATmsoAI&sqi=2&pjf=1&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAA

A couple of patents relating to Google Now (the former) and Voice Activated Search (latter (Samsung)).

My two cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs