Cortana does not read my texts when I asker her too.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
AFAIK she won't read your text messages but she will read email if you ask her to in order to find flight information.

anon(5698912)

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK she won't read your text messages but she will read email if you ask her to in order to find flight information.

Cortana does read your text that's why there are links under days or times you type. But think the guy is asking about cortana being able to read his messages out loud. And i think you need a Bluetooth headset...could be wrong just regurgitating what little I've read about it in the forums.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings, Speech. From there you can choose "off", "always on", "Bluetooth and headsets", "Bluetooth only" and "wired headset only".

Choose appropriately ;)

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I did just that. I chose ALWAYS ON. Yet when I open Cortana, it just keeps taking me to bing search...im guessin it only reads your texts when the tap notification banner comes on?
Go to Settings, Speech. From there you can choose "off", "always on", "Bluetooth and headsets", "Bluetooth only" and "wired headset only".

Choose appropriately ;)

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I did just that. I chose ALWAYS ON. Yet when I open Cortana, it just keeps taking me to bing search...im guessin it only reads your texts when the tap notification banner comes on?

It only reads your texts when you receive them. As of now I don't think its possible to make Cortana search something in the text messages if that's what you're trying to do. You can search text messages manually through the search bar in Cortana, just swipe right after you get the web results.

diana2007

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
It only reads your texts when you receive them. As of now I don't think its possible to make Cortana search something in the text messages if that's what you're trying to do. You can search text messages manually through the search bar in Cortana, just swipe right after you get the web results.

In my case she doesn't read them when I receive them either. She asks me if I want her to read them, I say yes and then she doesn't do anything which is very frustrating. This started to happen when I changed phones(from Lumia 1020 to MS 950). I checked all my settings and couldn't find an answer. She does however send any smses I tell her too so it does work in other areas. Any ideas?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)